My friend Brian Chesky

If you want to be ‘authentic’ then be honest about the fact you own the business you are promoting.

If you are trying to reach people then invest in advertising and marketing.

we do but its not always easy to reach the right people.I hope my philanthropy mission will be easier post my commercial life, we’lll see. we waste a lot on advertising but genuinely thought this group might benefit I didn’t realise it was so strict in that regard

companies waste money on advertising, its a shame, we want to contribute to society it the not so distant future but we’ll not talk about our business here again as I can see its offended you I’m sorry for that

its also not as though I was posting anything irrelevant to the group and I though you could do that on this forum

thats absolutely more than fair, I worked for a rival to Airbnb in 2011 so know a lot about the industry generally and hope to be really helpful to people here regardless if any benefit to me/us, always willing to be helpful

1 Like

This is a privately funded forum whose sole purpose is to connect hosts to other hosts. The owner does not want it to be used for promotions. You may want to have a look at the forum guidelines before posting again.

Trouble is as noted already, in the end we endure Air’s commission to pay for it so they never really pick it up. On an appropriate thread I must see how that commission is calculated, for me it seems to change with each booking so Air might just slide it up a point or two.

Hey, you are really lucky.

I heard from Publisher’s Clearing House that I may have won a million dollars. I have gotten up early and put on my best dress and makeup and sat in a lawn chair by the driveway waiting for them, but they must have missed my street.

Darn it anyway, I had it all figured out what I was going to spend it on!

Fondly and foolishly, Judy Helm Wright–Author/Blogger/Intuitive Wise Woman

2 Likes

My experience as a guest is there is no quality control.We have traveled through Chile, Argentina, France, Spain and Italy and are fed up with Airbnb for this reason.

In Temuco, Chile, the lady said she had left Airbnb and would not receive our cats and us when I specially booked her because she accepted animals. Fortunately, my son advised me to photocopy all our reservations. I stuck our copy into her face and explained that fault was hers to not cancel the reservation. Where could I go at that her of the day with two cats? She turned pale and prepared a room for us but then gave us so much trouble about the cats when leaving I tipped the bitch. I know, Airbnb advises not to do that but she was so nasty it was all I could do to get her off our backs.

I have stayed in several places in Argentina. The worst was the one invaded by red ants. Another was a woman who charged us double what other places were charging for the same cabins. In short Airbnb rentals can take us for a ride just like other agencies.

In France, we became the psychologists for the owner who had a subnormal child.

In Spain we have bee treated well and bad. One owner treated us like thieves; others have been great.

Venice was a delight.

As Venice, other rentals have be absolutely delightful. It is sin that they receive the same category as the thieves.

1 Like

@lordhunt what sort of criteria were you using when choosing your listings while travelling?

Did you choose long standing superhosts or those mainly with five star ratings, who have great reviews.

If so, I am surprised you had some many bad experiences. I do hope you left honest reviews.

2 Likes

I have no knowledge of the distinction of superheats and five star ratings. My aim was to find places on my route that accepted mascots. If you would like I can review and supply my itinerary.

Helsi

March 7

@lordhunt what sort of criteria were you using when choosing your listings while travelling?

Did you choose long standing superhosts or those mainly with five star ratings, who have great reviews.

If so, I am surprised you had some many bad experiences. I do hope you left honest reviews.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

lordhunt

March 7

My experience as a guest is there is no quality control.We have traveled through Chile, Argentina, France, Spain and Italy and are fed up with Airbnb for this reason. In Temuco, Chile, the lady said she had left Airbnb and would not receive our cats and us when I specially booked her because she ac…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

shoot, I’d appreciate a stocked fridge too!

i don’t know why Airbnb dont jump all over this and make some money by offering guests insurance for cancellations.

4 Likes

If you want to know who and what the real Airbnb is about!
DEPRAVED - DANGEROUS - UNCONSCIONABLE - EVIL

READ ON…

Looks like Airbnb is scrapping the airline business idea at least in the short term. It really was a crazy idea.
https://skift.com/2018/04/26/airbnb-wont-launch-flights-anytime-soon/

2 Likes

… sounds just like what some of our top notch (German) politicians are doing. It seems to help them get elected.

It sounds just like what our “top notch” school administrators do too. Every school superintendent I worked under for the better part of 3 decades asked for input then largely ignored it.

1 Like