My friend Brian Chesky

That is so funny that “families find flexible a must have”. We are on strict (and 60 day 100% on VRBO) and get a lot of families - and we’re usually at least 80% booked for the year.

Here we go again - why can’t famies buy insurance? Oh, it’s because the platforms force US to be their insurance policy!

5 Likes

Is there a link to all the questions answered by him?

1 Like

I think he said they would put it up in the next few days, but honestly Oded, it’s a bit of a waste of time. All he did was expand on categories and plus. Absolutely no attention was given to any of the REAL questions about hosting most of us have.

3 Likes

Really? I got multiple emails the list of questions they wanted us to vote for… you’re telling me it wasn’t addressed?!

1 Like

LOL!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

The goal of Air is to eventually get all hosts on instant book, flexible policy, offer Marriot style accommodations for Motel 6 prices, and extract as much money from the host as possible. Everything else is just warm and fuzzy smoke and mirrors to distract hosts along the way…

8 Likes

Hey, that sounds like me. My prices might be lower than Motel 6 though. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Some of them do get an organic snack and some get a beer or wine (not local though). I’ve just learned not to post some things. And I almost did buy a robe at IKEA, they were so cheap. But having to launder it stopped me. LOL.

2 Likes

As discussed elsewhere, what it takes to be profitable is different for everyone. Now that I raised my price a dollar a night I can afford new sheets this year…assuming I keep my 90% booking rate.

2 Likes

@Oded
My personal friend (sure) Brian C didn’t ask me about the questions!!! You are special!!! He did mention they had hosts vote on which of the 3,500 questions were of the most interest. Its good to know they really did ask for input

2 Likes

Asking for input and ignoring it completely is worse than not asking for input at all, in my opinion.

10 Likes

Apparently if you pass on his email to 10 friends and get them to sign up then you can make Million$$$ on AirBnB!!! :japanese_goblin:

4 Likes

Hey @Malagachica,

Thanks for asking. I believe it’s traditional to ask for a pony. Oh, and guests that actually reply to my messages in good time. That’s becoming a pet peeve of mine. Do you think your friend Brian could help with that?

1 Like

Are superguests going to be entitled to a discount?

No details on that yet but even if they do, it most likely won’t come out of the host’s pocket just like the $100 voucher SH gets doesn’t come out of another host’s pocket.

1 Like

Perhaps discounted air travel? The “air” in “Airbnb” could soon stand for airline.
Will it help bring down the cost of flying or be a money pit for Airbnb?

https://www.inc.com/bill-murphy-jr/get-ready-for-airbnb-airline-edition-legacy-airlines-are-already-spooked.html

Getting into the airline business would be a terrible idea. Airlines are historically unprofitable. This time it’s different? I doubt it.

3 Likes

Have you used them @hinden?

Well then you must realise it’s disingenuous to join this forum purely to promote your business

You only joined today and have already posted four spam posts to promote your business.

fine ok it was a suggestion, I’m trying to reach people authentically but accept what you say no problem