My Airbnb property does not appear online (we are superhosts)

No reason to clear your cache to get the report. I have a third browser where I clear everything anytime I am testing. I clear the cache, cookies, history, etc. Since I actually like having those things on a daily basis, I don’t use my regular browser for this kind of work. [Did that make sense?]

He he he - sort of made sense. I wasn’t really wanting to run a report. I was just wondering if Airbnb is telling people to clear their cookies so they can see their listing. But if the traveler has not cleared their cookies…it doesn’t really matter what I see - since most people may not be finding me.

A few did extensive testing on the Homeaway site based on what subscription tier was paid, who had enrolled in online booking, etc. - and it was discovered HA had implemented “pervasive” cookies - (I don’t know exactly what it means) - but basically search results were being manipulated. Today, they still are manipulated. It used to not be this way though.

Don’t give us your password for a listing report. Smartbnb doesn’t need access to your account for running anonymous search results. Access to your account is only necessary for our actual product.

Just get here https://smartbnb.io/#report and enter your listing number.

I was so happy with my report! Here’s what Smart said mine showed:

You are not dead in the water. Very much flying supersonic above the clouds. Probably a spaceplane even.
Your listing is found, and you are at top positions in search results (4th, 3rd, 2nd or 1st).

:smiley:

Still got no bookings today, and usually Sunday people are home and starting to plan trips to Hawaii.

2 Likes

Exactly :slight_smile:

Teckies tend to use the ‘bullshit baffles brains’ technique and always first suggest clearing the cache and cookies. No matter what the problem is. It’s sort of the default answer. But potential guests are never going to do that, of course.

2 Likes

Listing cache?!?

Good for you! If only I could find what they did :smiling_imp: !

@smartbnb.io - what difference does the timescale make? I have never searched for our listing until I saw this thread (@faheem would tell you that it’s part of my stress-free magic amulet!) but this thread prompted me to do so.

I have a couple of free days later this month, searched incognito, and our listing was right there. We are pretty well booked through next March so I searched for dates in April 2017. We did not appear, even when I zoomed the map right onto our street. We accept bookings at any time in the future.

In your experience, how and why is this a factor?

What this entire thread does though, is show that hosts cannot rely on Airbnb to promote their listings and that hosts have to be more active in promoting their own listings,

Guilty as charged, that is what I told the OP to do. :smiley: And I am hardly a techhie. :smile:

1 Like

Also @smartbnb.io - have you any idea why our listing is showing $182 per night on the app, $122 on the listing page on my laptop and $150 per night in search results?

@smartbnb.io I have the same question. My house shows at $250 something on the front page of houses when it is $220, the price I set, when people click on the listing! Why is that???

Thanks so much - I got my free report! Next to a list of dates, it just says, “Not found”/1000+ and it looks like no analysis is generated as a result.

When I enter those dates myself, however, my listing does show up in results. I’m not sure whether to call Air about this.

Hello and good morning! What a awesome conversation! Lets help each other together - if anybody wants to check his property (if its a ghost or not) then pls send me the listing number and I could check!

1 Like

An analysis was generated, but indeed your listing could not be found. Your listing might be affected by the issue, but there is no way to tell for sure (our search results give up after looking at the first 350 listings, but you have a lot more listings available in Chicago).

You should always be able to find your listing in search results when you are logged in to your Airbnb account. That is why I found this “listing report” thing valuable, because the server doing this search doesn’t have any cookies from Airbnb, never sees an individual listing details, and uses a fresh new IP address every day.

Note that since we didn’t find your listing, the “listing rate” is your default listing rate, without any additional charges (no Airbnb guest fee, no additional guest fee).

I know that the price changes every time, because the context is different. Airbnb doesn’t help because they always do some testing: the website you see in the US is not the same I see in Europe.

On a Smartbnb report, when your listing is found, the “listing rate” is the one shown in search results to guests: there is no calculation from our part, and it is the Real Price™ (:sunglasses:) :

1. It includes the additional guest fee if applicable (the default search is at max capacity).
  2. It includes cleaning fees.
  3. It includes the Airbnb guest fee (between 6-12%)
  4. It includes all taxes applied by Airbnb, when applicable (but not sales tax, such as EU VAT because it depends on the guest’s location)
  5. It is the rate per night.

When people click on the listing, the real price is not the own shown at the top (with a grey background): that is indeed the rate per night you set. The real rate is when you add charges and all, after selecting the dates, and then divide by the number of nights, and it is the one used on Smartbnb.

I am learning as I go, but I think there are several things at play here.

The problem that affected @Bananaman and @anon67190644 is an issue with the geocoding (latitude/longitude coordinates), and they could not be found at any time. Apparently, their listing was not located anywhere, so Airbnb couldn’t find them when they search in their street.

Your case is more complex, because your listing can be found (no issue with geocoding) but not later, so it should be something else entirely.

I feel like an idiot but how do I find my listing number to be able to run a report?

Your ID is part of the URL when you are looking at your own listing. I have randomly chosen a listing to demonstrate.

It will always be the number between the slashes after the word rooms.

2 Likes

So I tried it, but the ranking just keeps processing and not working.

Ok it took probably 10 minutes but finally worked.

1 Like

@smartbnb.io thanks for the explanation! I actually was talking to my older son and he had figured it out! The cleaning fee is broken down by days stayed also. Your explanation was great.

1 Like

Pierre – is there any way your site could add a zip code field for large markets? When people look for a place in Chicago, they do so by neighborhood or zip code (or map view). I would never show up in the first 350 listings for the entire city. There are over 300 listings in just my neighborhood (there are 77 neighborhoods in Chicago!)