Morgan Stanley - IPO

Bit of an update in case helpfully to others, finally got through on the phone on MorganStanley

• You can sell shares today, has to be over the phone, had to call 12+ times and would ring out, finally got through.
  • I had bought my allocation of stock, there was no way to find out this on the website, no emails ever sent, no notifications, nor did the “buying customer journey” have any sort of confirmation or ending, it ends when you decide how to pay. Awful UX.
  • I did have an account set up with REG, so that could be a tell tale sign you’ve completed the process.
    I wish everyone well with this. Personally I’d either sell now and pay short term capital gains tax or consider holding for a year for lower rate CGT.
1 Like

Excuse me? They did send 9 emails containing the information you complained you never got. And they did send a confirmation email (which I posted for reference) and others have confirmed they also received. Why do new posters come here and start insulting people who actually answer the questions they freaking asked. Passing the prick hat back to you.

3 Likes

And thanks for your recommendation that we sell. Because you are absolutely who I would seek that information and advice from. Lol

There’s a real sense of entitlement everywhere I look these days. Thanks for being a long time member of the forum and always trying to be helpful.

6 Likes

I have a far better term you could use, but we’d both end up on the naughty step…

:rofl:

JF

Well to my understanding the Morgan Stanley deal have nothing to do with me and few million more hosts,
but ABNB stock price sure is.

Well, I was going to go with your lovely word, “feckkin,” but he probably wouldn’t have understood it.

Any day to day fluctuation in the stock price isn’t important to most Airbnb hosts. But certainly stock price is one measure of a company. I’m looking forward to a long and healthy relationship with Airbnb both as a host and as an investor. I think it’s cool that at least some of us got a shot at getting in on the IPO and I don’t care how corny and naive that makes me sound.

2 Likes

Also, the growth has been phenomenal.

Yes, I received a confirmation email during the night. To sell, I called the number in that confirmation email.

And there are probably a whole load of hosts, from outside the US, who are thinking something slightly different.

Just saying like…

JF

2 Likes

No doubt. One thing I’m sure of is that no matter what they did or how they did it there would be some number of hosts unhappy about it.

They don’t owe me anything. I’m just happy their existence and mine converged.

I am delighted to take the money from the IPO, but I don’t see Airbnb actually improving their treatment of hosts. If anything, I expect the pressure of the market to deteriorate their customer service further.

Hello fellow hosts! I’m wondering if someone can fill me in on the Airbnb IPO program for hosts. I’m a long-time super host and have 16 listings on the platform. It seems evident that I was cut off from the IPO opportunity by an employee who intercepted the email outlining the opportunity.

I’m just wondering what I missed exactly. Were host offered the $68 price? How many shares were you able to buy?

I’m considering exactly how to deal with this situation-- and I guess I’m wondering how sticky it is as I don’t even understand how exclusive this offer was. Would my manager have had to plagiarize me as host? I recently updated the property name from my personal name (the way it was for years) to the name of the property.

Yes but the max # of shares to request was 275. Some folks who requested that only got 200, maybe that ended up being the max.

It was limited to US hosts and many US hosts who expressed interest didn’t get any shares. Allocation was prioritized by seniority. So though you say you’re a long time superhost, maybe you didn’t make the cutoff.

What is your evidence of that? There are plenty of folks complaining they didn’t get any emails that don’t seem to have any employees.

Did I read somewhere that multiple listing owners weren’t eligible?

Oh wait, maybe I’m thinking of that covid program they had this past spring?

I subsequently found two emails. One stating news of the offer and one thanking my employee for the registeration and stating that he’d be receiving an email from morganstanleydsp@. Following emails it seems were sent to his private box.

1 Like

So you don’t know if the employee got any shares or not. Because lots of folks expressed interest but never got the invitation from Morgan Stanley to actually buy shares. And even if you did you had to be right on top of it. Literally hours from the time an email was received to the time the window of opportunity was shut. And that’s twice, once to actually request shares with MS and then to actually put in the order after the pricing. This was not a check your email once in the morning and you are in kind of deal. Anyway, your problem is a dishonest employee, not the possible dollars you missed out on with the ipo.

If it’s really overpriced and due to correct you can get in later. But the employee is there now, unless you get rid of them.

Not if you bought it into a ROTH IRA!!! hee Hee!

Well goody for you. What I read indicated that couldn’t be done but whatever, it doesn’t matter now. And I’m not going to go look up the info on the MS site.