Morgan Stanley - IPO

My concern is certainly the dishonest employee.
I’m just 'trying to understand if/how egregious this action was.
If confronted I’m sure they will state that they thought the opportunity was available to everyone.
I just do not have enough context to know if that is true or not.

Not true. As repeatedly stated in this thread there are hosts, active members of this forum, who did not get the opportunity to buy shares. They replied to the email indicating interest but didn’t get the email from MS inviting them to buy shares.

Thanks for your clarification on this. Does anyone have an example of the email that was sent from Morgan Stanley? I’m curious to see the lingo in that.

Which one there are multiple ones and some have already been posted in this thread.

ok I must have missed it. I’ll scan again

Except maybe 2-3x more legal spend will surely net them worldwide more integration of them therefore something is going to happen where homeowners/condo owners will have more, and who knows how much more but i do know $$ talks and airbnb will have heaps more now, powers to use of their units through city integrations, heavy increases in taxes for local cities/states (who happen to be broke), ie allowing more units to come on bringing more volume into hands of individuals, while their new “big host” 15% madatory fee for posting anywhere else but their platform (like guests booking through a diff one i think or maybe even those from those airbnb type companies who own floors of units)…they now will pay the mandatory service fee and guests not seeing it (ive never chosen this option) and individual hosts still have option for 3% and guest gets charged ---- this makes individuals more competitive with big companies who have economies of scale — surely they will be able to keep their most important asset, hosts.

In beginning, its all about market share and penetration…so now, its tightening and perfecting to all stakeholders…

and now…the vaccine is APPROVED. this WEEKENd, pfizer will begin delivering. hopefully market responds accordingly

So, hosts will get better service bc this is important…and money will be there…and hopefully prices will increase from bottom up so more $$ comes in for everyone and more and more legitmacy around world where as long as they are controlled and written into laws, 10% of all homes around world will be an airbnb or have ability to.

All about what can happen and if it will and them performing…and im optimistic for the future. HOAs can be bullies and there needs to be a happy medium. Airbnb is good for society. Its not ever going away. So, integrate it and put controls and rules and everyone will just accept it and there will be less issues. Hooray!

pardon my grammar. im exhausted and headed to bed. crazy last two days!

1 Like

I had same experience. Filled out all the forms, including banking information. NEVER heard a peep back.
Called Air support for Super Hosts. She assured me that my form was received.

Never received another communication. Have been a host since 2011, and a Super Host at that, for the entire time.

Something smells rotten about this entire Morgan Stanley episode. Were all 50 million shares offered to Air hosts taken by the first three years of customers? Or did Morgan give all their customer’s first choice?

What makes you think 50 million shares were offered to hosts? Most shares in an IPO are offered to institutional investors, clients of the underwriter.

1 Like

Can we talk about duvets and kettles now :crazy_face:?

This is really starting to take on the tone of the “I didn’t get the 25% of the cancellation amount when Airbnb cancelled my bookings due to COVID” threads.

5 Likes

Hello SPaulGal1 Unless your employees have access to your bank account/brokerage account numbers it would not be possible for them to have filled out the forms. Hope this is helpful and a bit more reassuring.

I filled out all the forms, including banking information. NEVER heard a peep back.
Called Air support for Super Hosts. She assured me that my form was received.

Never received another communication. Have been a host since 2011, and a Super Host at that, for the entire time.

Something smells rotten about this entire Morgan Stanley episode. Were all 50 million shares offered to Air hosts taken by the first three years of customers? Or did Morgan give all their customer’s first choice?

super excited to see the shares tomorrow in my account with the maxed 14k of shares we were allowed! i guess it was worth achieving superhost all these years after all!

I read it online. Sorry I’ve read so much today that I’m not certain if it was on the Morgan Stanley sight or an Airbnb site.

1 Like

You are 100% correct with your statement. As a Super Host since 2011, didn’t hear a peep back from MS. Disappointing doesn’t quite cover how I’m feeling.

1 Like

What? No. Max was 275.

1 Like

200 shares is about $14k. That’s how I took it.

3 Likes

I know how you feel. The “fake news” posted on this forum today alone is mindboggling. I don’t think the number of shares allocated to hosts has been published other than a limit of 200 max per host. And that’s just hosts who were glued to their computers at the requisite times.

Ah, yes, good point.

1 Like

Yes. It’s over and there’s nothing for those who didn’t get shares to do but cry.

1 Like

you’re correct. i was able to buy $14k worth