Morgan Stanley - IPO

That is not accurate. The shares have to in your account and settled first. (It seems I was wrong)

Just full disclosure to balance out some of the rah-rah stock promotion suddenly going on. Week in and week out we are a community of hosts, this isn’t a stock message board. And clearly some hosts have never bought stock before.

No point in that because the complainers will just start new posts or post in other open threads.

Obviously a hot topic and driving traffic to the forum, some may stick around so that could be a good thing, yes? (Tho I don’t know if there’s an immediate benefit from the increased hits to our owners T&C who so helpfully set this up.)

1 Like

All last week I filled out what was needed, transferred money and was only given a 6 hour window to confirm. I missed the window because it was last night from 8pm to 1am. anyone have the same experience? I hope were not pushed out.

Yes, those who are actually hosts, some may stick around. Some of the new posters don’t sound like hosts or participants in the DSP, but sometimes I’m wrong.

My first experience with online “forums” were the Raging Bull stock message boards in the late 90’s so I’ve seen this show before.

Well, if the last time we had a “hot topic” and had a flood of new members is anything to go by (forced cancellations due to Covid), at the end of the day the net benefit to the forum was minimal. Very few actively participated in any other topic, and it was more an out pouring of rage and indignation, which got tiresome after a while.

In fact, given that the Mods had a fairly busy time keeping on top of things and very few of the venting masses hung about, it could be argued that it was a negative experience for the forum as a whole.

Just my opinion, other opinions are available, though obviously not as good as mine :wink:

JF

4 Likes

im just referring to the email today, this morning:

Should you have any account maintenance questions, or if you would like to sell shares, please contact your existing Financial Advisor. If this is a new relationship with Morgan Stanley, you can contact your new Financial Advisor…

i mean, this is an airbnb host forum and theres no way there would be trolls on here bc this isnt that popular. this is a host issue for an unusual topic that wont happen again…the ipo program for hosts.

its hosts helping other hosts. and yes, some clearly dont read emails thoroughly and depending on what u were investing, but if ur expecting to double ur money then $1, 5, $13.6k for having to be by your computer to confirm something for one evening is surely worth it, no, for most people? if people who knew this type of return (i have), then u look out for emails and work. just like hosting. its work. and this is one of the easiest, best ROIs you can get. congrats to all who successfully participated.

i dont expect this to become a stock forum…now that this is over…that for ur portfolios, friends, blogs and etc for. Ciao!

You can’t sell shares that aren’t in your account yet. I’ve posted about this in the thread, pointless to do it again. The main thing that email is saying this morning is that if you want to sell them you have to call in. You aren’t going to be able to sell the DSP shares online, today or any day. (Edit to add: I was wrong)

LOL. Yeah, okay.

There’s trolls on here all the time, just like any internet forum.

Does anyone know what the signs are that you have bought the stock ?
I participated in the directed share program, opened a MS account, transferred funds to cover the shares and my account just shows the money there in an account called Reg…
Don’t want to sell them for a month or so, but would love to know that I hold them and at $68 and don’t want to spend hours on the phone.

1 Like

Per the nine emails that MS sent in the run-up to this, the stocks with take 2-3 business days to close. And fwiw, they are selling today way higher than what we purchased them for. They opened this morning at $146.

1 Like

LOL. Thank you…

1 Like

Since the final page of the order form ended merely with " which payment option would you like to use" and not any form of confirmation message or email, I was asking if there were ANY signs you’ve been able to secure the shares you requested at the price offered.

I’m not expecting them to “show” now, per 6-7 emails, but

1. There are contrary messages with some saying they take a day
    2 One expects some form of “feedback” to let you know things have been completed

They can’t get more specific than this

You didn’t get a purchase confirmation email this morning? Mine came at 4:06 AM

You can sell the shares immediately, even if you have not yet paid for them. I attached a ACH to my account, but have not yet received the two confirmation deposits.
I called Morgan Stanley to sell shares about 10 minutes after the trading began. The woman that answered verified my name and birthdate and send my order to a trader. About 5 minutes later a trader called. She verified the last 4 digits of my ss number and home address and then put in my order to sell. My sell order was executed at $148.88 a share.

2 Likes

Thanks for this information. I stand corrected. Congrats to all the hosts who were able to cash in on this bonanza!

And I’ll go back and delete any statement indicating my opinion that they couldn’t be sold today.

1 Like

Thanks for this, I’ve been trying to call to sell one of my shares and in the process check that my order to buy was executed, but nobody answers.

May I ask if you received any confirmation of your order to BUY being executed via email or any other way of knowing you now owned shares ?

@Abe here is the active thread to talk about the ABNB stock.

Air b and b told me I was all set and I was locked out when I called Morgan Stanley and told they sold out this weekend and close. Thank is what I was told. I had cash in hand.