Morgan Stanley - IPO

Dear Fellow Hosts, have all of you received the Airbnb IPO offer document from Morgan Stanley?

Not everyone filled out the form indicating interest.

If you are asking if anyone received an offer from Morgan Stanley to participate in the Directed Shares Program the answer from me is yes.

1 Like

I did the whole thing, specifying a number of shares and signing the W9 tax document. We’ll see if they have any shares to sell me; I’ve not got a long history with Airbnb, just started in 2016. The language on the site indicated that would be a criterion.
Our great aunt bought Apple at the start; one can always dream, eh? I didn’t plump for more than I could afford to lose.

1 Like

I did not get it, I did fill out the form on the 16th though.

Did it come today?

RR

yes; directing you to create an account with MS

32x32

Hi __,

Thanks for pre-registering for Airbnb’s Directed Share Program. Later today you’ll receive an email from Morgan Stanley, the broker-dealer that is administering our Directed Share Program. Morgan Stanley will contact you from morganstanleydsp@morganstanley.com, using the email you included in the pre-registration form. (Please do not reply or send messages to this email address.)

In the email, Morgan Stanley will provide an overview and timeline of the registration process as well as a link to a Morgan Stanley secure web portal, where you need to open a special brokerage account and complete registration should you wish to participate.

As a reminder, program capacity is limited and participation will be on a first-come, first-served basis, so please look out for Morgan Stanley’s email if you’re interested. Finally, there is significant interest in the program, so please only proceed with registering if you are planning to participate . If you have questions about the registration process, you can find Morgan Stanley’s frequently asked questions here.

The Airbnb Team

Important Legal Information About the Directed Share Program

The offering is being made only by means of a prospectus. Copies of the final prospectus, when available, may be obtained from: Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, Attention: Prospectus Department, 180 Varick Street, 2nd Floor, New York, New York 10014 or Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC, Attention: Prospectus Department, 200 West Street, New York, New York 10282. You may also access the preliminary prospectus via the following link: Airbnb Preliminary Prospectus.

A registration statement relating to these securities has been filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission but has not yet become effective. These securities may not be sold nor may offers to buy be accepted prior to the time the registration statement becomes effective. This notification shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy these securities, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction.

No offer to buy the securities can be accepted and no part of the purchase price can be received until the registration statement has become effective, and any such offer may be withdrawn or revoked, without obligation or commitment of any kind, at any time prior to the notice of its acceptance given after the effective date. An indication of interest in response to this notification will involve no obligation or commitment of any kind.

Airbnb, Inc.

888 Brannan St.

San Francisco, CA 94103

Well I just went through and looked again, no email from Air and nothing from MS.

Damn

RR

1 Like

BTW, there was a long lag in getting the text code and the email to access the Docusign for the tax document. But you are able to complete your application before doing that, which wasn’t initially clear. I’m guessing their system got a bit slammed resulting in the lag.

1 Like

Perhaps there will be another round of emails. Surely some hosts inquired then ignored the offer. Or requested far less than the 275 limit. Like me. :wink:

dpfromva,
Tnx for explaining that. I never did receive the text code when submitting the application a few hours ago, but you’ve made me think perhaps it will still show up over time.

Same here but 4 hours thereafter the DocuSign code was texted to me simultaneously as the email application url was sent.

PS. Now that I’ve set up the account with Morgan Stanley, I somehow feel like I’m cheating on my Fidelity Investments financial advisor. :shushing_face:

1 Like

It took about 40 mins for my code and email to come through. That was early afternoon. Perhaps as @dpfromva said, the system became backlogged.

I expect to see a PR about how enthusiastic hosts were to sign up, showing how our sense of belonging in this community is so unique and special.

Barf 20 times 20 times 20

1 Like

I received the initial email from airbnb that I would be receiving an email from Morgan Stanley TODAY. No email ( checked junk and SPAM folders) Called into airbnb support, but they were useless and the 00email indicates not to email Morgan Stanley. Who can I reach out to?
Shame if I miss out on this opportunity because I didn’t receive an email.

1 Like

I got an email this morning that says the program is now closed. So if you didn’t get an email by now it looks like you won’t be getting one. And even if one was accepted and enrolled there is still no guarantee that you will be allocated the number of shares requested or any shares at all.

1 Like

If you didn’t get the email, PM me as I have some magic beans for sale, I’ll do you a right good price :wink:

JF

3 Likes

After spending seven hours on the phone and playing defective I reached the GSPS department at Morgan Stanley, and even though I received the email (yesterday) that I would be receiving an email from Morgan Stanley to open an account, they could not find my name listed and recommended I contact airbnb. Seven hours wasted and nothing to show for it! So much for being a “Super Host” for the last 6 years…

I got the info from Morgan Stanley yesterday. I was in the process to fill out the form to register with Morgan Stanley, I put on my User Id and Password, then, not sure where the information went. I think I may have lost, deleted or the information went through. I have trying to see what I can do to get back on track all day with no luck. I called the AIRBNB customer service, she asked me to check my system delete, trash or Spam, I couldn’t find the information anywhere in my system. It was gone without a trace.

Was your emailed or snailmailed? I have not received one yet.

Email. …

I filled mine out as well- guess we did not qualify. :cry:d: Guess I will go home and have a nice long drink of something interesting.