Is anyone still actively checking their views?

I last checked a week ago an they were way down, but there was a spike a few days ago and in general I’m surprised at how many views I’m getting given the situation. It makes me wonder about their validity.

Could be hosts checking to see if other hosts are taking bookings and under what circumstances?

3 Likes

Bored people trapped at home having fantasy holidays!

8 Likes

Hosts here checking to see if I’m telling the truth about only hosting essential travel. :wink:

2 Likes

Ive been looking at other people’s listings but not my own. I have all my dates blocked so I’d imagine no one would find me.

I like that fantasy vacation idea though. Maybe I will peruse.

3 Likes

Sad to think my humble little room would be part of anyone’s fantasy. LOL.

3 Likes

I got a week-long booking this week for the rescheduled Boston Marathon (now in September). So there are at least some people out there betting on things returning to normal at some point in the future.

2 Likes

The longer people are cooped up at home, the better anything outside of their own four walls looks :star_struck:

3 Likes

I know! I saw where people are booking cruises less than a year out. That is crazy. My belief is that there is no “normal” without a vaccine. But I’m listening to scientists only on this.

Edit: yes, kinda normal at some point in the future, not Sept. These people are just gambling…with your money.

2 Likes

My views are about 40% of average but also steadily declining. It’s only updated as of 2 days ago, which is when I unlisted, so data going forward will be skewed.

1 Like

I’ve never checked my views.

3 Likes

I looked the other day and saw the same spike as you’ve seen. Weird.

No spike and views dropped about 15 percent. Though views are down we still have a significant number which is perhaps encouraging once virus is under control ??

1 Like

I’ve been following a facebook cruise group where a bunch of deluded folks who have prepaid for their cruises still think they’ll be coming here in July. My local visitors bureau likes to give that illusion, but most of their board members know better. All the larger local excursion operators that book through the cruise lines don’t think we’ll have a season, though no one will say it publicly.

I don’t know. Since my own view of travel is very narrow and pessimistic, for a listing like yours I see it as delusional. But maybe I’m wrong. Where do most of your guests come from. I remember you are in SE Asia…Thailand?

I’m fascinated by what is not being said. I’m trying to understand the idea behind it. I’m thinking it’s some sort of panic control? I’ve talked to two of my friends who are teachers in this last week. One is at the high school I taught at, one is in a different district and teaching middle school. I think schools should quit the pretend school they are doing now and plan on finishing school by May 1. Teachers should prepare to start working in July to prep for remote schooling beginning in Sept. Many teachers need training and many students still need help with the technology. After 2 weeks of prep now there are still high school kids who haven’t set up their accounts.

When I floated this idea the middle school teacher said it freaks parents out to even talk about no return to school for this year. So they are waiting until they have to to break the news. My HS friend just seemed to be in stunned silence to think of no classroom instruction next year. And the idea of her normal summer away in SD with family…I don’t think she’d thought that far ahead.

One of my mama’s sayings keeps coming to mind: “Why don’t you sh!+ in one hand and wish in the other and see which fills up first?”

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that I’m down about 2/3 of what it was, but still surprised at the numbers. Spike here was busy body in the neighborhood mass messaging all area hosts to check on a house they felt was suspicious - full of partying people. Folks who weren’t leaving, just having too much fun.

My county may be checking as well. Who knows…

I have one booking for July, made ages ago by a woman in Switzerland whose sisters live down the block. She’s holding on to the booking and I’m glad for that. I’m looking forward to meeting her - she’s a pip!

If there are international flights people should be quarantining for 14 days. I guess she hasn’t realized that or intends to violate it. Oh, wait, you’re in FL where they are probably planning on seeding the winter outbreak of 20-21.

1 Like

Yeah, I get it. NYC, FL, and CA will be seeding the next outbreaks. My Swiss friends are upset that we’re all not doing what New Zealand is - 30 day whole country lock down. It’s working and only Kiwis are allowed to come home, they must have a place to go to self isolate or they’re sent packing, and they’re not hoarding toilet paper.

I don’t know what’s going to happen in July. If the 14 days is still in effect in JULY, I’ll cancel her. Right now I don’t even want to rent my in-home room to anyone.

1 Like

Yes we are in Thailand. Perhaps we are delusional but 60 percent of our guests are Chinese and they have all been experienced travelers who have no problem with our admittedly high rate considering nearby competition. More and more these are folks who don’t want the congestion and pollution of Bangkok but just want a place to relax and recharge their mental batteries.

1 Like