Is anyone still actively checking their views?

That bodes well for you then.

From what I understand, in many nations there is no international travel expected or there’s a 14 day quarantine coming and going until there is a vaccine. Few travelers will be able to quarantine 14 days where they are going and 14 going back home. And with the recession decimating retirement accounts of folks like myself who used to have a good discretionary income, I don’t know.

I do feel there will be a pent up demand and I expect an lot of travel by summer of 2022.

1 Like

I read an article several years ago about a phenomenon I had been unaware of. Apparently there are lots of retired seniors who live on cruise ships. They figured out that it was more economical to just keep booking cruises than to upkeep or rent a home, pay property taxes, insurance, etc, buy food and all the other things associated with normal day-to-day living. On the cruise ships they have all their meals, entertainment, a gym, a pool, someone else cleans their rooms.
I wonder how it’s going for those folks right now and how many of them there are, or were on the ships that have been stuck in limbo.

I just check @ 460 in the last month. About 50% of usual.

Yes. And that’s the same kind of thing I was referring to the other day where I could see us housing people who don’t want to own a home anymore, just check out and go to the next place. That works better for younger folks who want to go out often. For seniors, yes, all inclusive resorts and cruise ships are the way to go. Thing is, how many of them want to be on them now? And how much do cruise ships want high risk guests? Maybe insurance companies will step in and force some changes.

I happened to take a boo today, and I was quite surprised. I am toying with ultra long term, no IB.

I remember reading about an American woman, in her nineties, who lived permanently on a cruise ship. I was still working then, so it was a good few years ago…

The staff had come to know and adore her, took care of all her needs over and beyond the call of duty, and looked on her as a member of the cruise ship family.

She chose to do so rather than enter a care home. It was far more cost effective, and her family would join her on various legs of the trip.

2 Likes