If someone stays for 2 nights, would it be bad to

I truly don’t believe that either Helsi or Ebehard have an argumentative bone in their bodies. Both love a good discussion (as does Barns, whilst sitting back to listen) and I respect them for it.

3 Likes

I apologize, I used arguing in a sense of “arguing for a certain position, providing arguments”. I didn’t think that it will, indeed, look like I’m trying to suggest Helsi is having a fight with Eberhard. :smiley::blush:

Nor does GTC have a condescending bone in his body; he’s too thick to be so. His sister Sophie got all the atrributes at birth; brains, looks, a killer instinct… He is adorable (and both are just 20 yrs old) but totally stupid. She used to give him dead rabbits to show of with. We’d watch in hysterics as he failed to get them through the catflap!

1 Like

Brilliant response. Thank you! I’m now being told off for talking to you so much (a first…) and that I need to consider other responses…

Where’s Barns gone? He started this! You back in the cupboard mate? Or stuck in a Brighton traffic jam.

@Inna As I have said, it’s up to everyone to run their listing in the way that works from them.

It works for me to do my turnover in a couple of hours on one day, rather than stretching out washing and cleaning over several days, so that’s what I will do.

I am not being at all dramatic - just pointing out a simple piece of maths that 3 X 2.5 = 7.5

No-one is arguing with @Eberhard_Blocher we are simply discussing different washing styles. The only person who appears to be arguing on this thread is you :slight_smile:

And why on earth are you so interested in what load my washing machine takes?

Oh you know what the @Barns one is like, makes a controversial comment and then sits back to watches the action :slight_smile:

Indeed I do. He even stated on starting the thread that he wanted to (can’t recall exact words though) stir up a party! He does make me laugh a lot.

1 Like

I was curious because it sounded to me like it has a rather small capacity, so I asked politely. As an answer I got a brisk answer “I don’t speak kilos, duh”. If you had an honest intention to engage in a meaningful communication, you would’ve simply written it in pounds. But you were too busy being arrogant.

I already explained the point about arguing and what I meant. But please, continue pressing a non-native speaker on this point. You are the one with a rather aggressive and dismissive attitude here, not me. This is not about what works for whom, but what option is available to whom, and this is the point that you keep ignoring. Because you assume, like some other ppl in the beginning of this discussion, that Eberhard and I wash for 2.5 hours because we really like it that way (ok, he said he actually enjoys it :smiley:). In the meantime everyone got the point but you.

I’m starting to lose track on how many times you changed your line of argumentation just in order to continue being belligerent.

You’re right of course @Chris we’re in the Far East - silly me .

Well most of us need adapters for sockets when we go to UK, so I don’t know why it is so hard to imagine that appliances significantly differ in some respects.

No what I actually said was" I don’t use kilo’s and don’t know how many I can wash per load".

And no I am not busy being arrogant.

I am busy volunteering with young homeless people who are living on the streets, and am nowhere near my listing, so don’t have the inclination to rush home so I can look at my washing machine to see what capacity it has for you.

2 Likes

@Joan Mr Joan - you should know by now never tell off a woman for talking too much, particularly when she’s your wife … :blush:

:joy:[quote=“Helsi, post:72, topic:22611”]
I am busy volunteering with young homeless people who are living on the streets, and am nowhere near my listing, so don’t have the inclination to rush home so I can look at my washing machine to see what capacity it has for you.
[/quote]

Yeah, definitely NOT arrogant.:joy::joy::joy: I guess a simple “I don’t know” or “I’m not sure” is just not in your vocabulary.

Hmm, you’ve lost me on this! Probably my fault for having an afternoon of white wine(s) in the Canarian sunshine. Mr Joan thinks that I may not have been clear that Sophie is a cat, GTC’s sibling.

In any event, both get better reviews than me…

Actually @Joan the way this thread is going I wish I was on the wine too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please stop this Inna. The forum is not a competition, even though sometimes it may seem so., Nor is it meant to be somewhere to vent at people on a personal level, even though it may seem so at times. This was a lively thread, with lots of humour and good information about our experiences, as Barns invited us to do.

2 Likes

Are you guys still talking about washing machines? 🤦

1 Like

I’ll make up for you. Chin up chuck!

Umm, not sure; possibly not!

No we are talking about white wine of course - keep up :slight_smile: