I got one of those 25% payouts

It’s not actually 25%. it’s 25% of what you would have received. So if the reservation was 1000, and you would have gotten 500, you get 25% of that - that would be $125.

Right, they should just come out and say that it’s one eighth (12.5%) of the full reservation payout.

1 Like

But that just wouldn’t look good for their PR spin, now, would it?

1 Like

I reached out to airbnb twitter and they said if I didn’t receive anything 2nd week of March then the next batch I will. Im no longer a super host because I had 3 cancellations which is total bullshit. I get taking me off superhost to punish me for 1 quarter but an entire year? What a joke
They said they are distributing payments monthly until program runs out. So no lump sum which is a joke as well… lets see what transpires

I just got a $48.24 payout from 7 eligible cancelled covid 19 bookings. I expected nothing as I have multiple rooms listed in one property?
A case of cold beer on Airbnb
How goods that :joy:

2 Likes

No limit on number of listings for the 25% payout.

It’s the Superhost relief fund that has the limit.

3 Likes

Ah OK that makes sense then.

Ya, we got our payment today. About $550 for a total of about $4400 worth of bookings. Doesn’t cover many expenses for our home but better than nothing I suppose. I got an email last Friday and the money hit our account today.

1 Like

You get 25% of the total booking amount if you have a strict cancellation policy and the guest cancels within 7 days of the arrival date. I got a couple like that but questioned another. It turned out the guest cancelled 7 days prior to arrival but they cancelled at 11am local time and my posted check-in time is 3. They’ve got it down to the minute. Here’s an idea: If you still have guests on the calendar who qualify for free cancellation, ask them to wait until 6 days prior to check-in. That way you’ll get the full 25%!

1 Like

I got the email today! 25% of a big spring break week cancellation. It says it will be paid in 2 days, in my account under upcoming. I hope so bc my town is closed for rentals at least through 5/31. It’s enough to pay my HOA fee & electric bill for May.

2 Likes

Good point

I’m not sure whether to chastise you or applaud you. If guests still have the option to cancel with a full refund and hosts can also get a larger payout if guests wait until less than 7 days, then Airbnb kinda screwed themselves.

1 Like

Air BnB are issuing the payouts in batches- they told me yesterday . Also, does any one know if a State or another agency is giving any relief to homeowners losing out on short term rental revenue?

Woo hoo! I got $21.83 from Airbnb for a May 1 booking. That’s it. I got people wanting full refunds now for July through October! We are so screwed.

it seems all over the place. I saw someone says they got 550, someone else said they got 1500 for 18000. I got 200 for nearly 18000 cancelled. Wtf? Total BS

Me too! $22.64! Was not expecting anything at all, but still feels like a bit of an insult.

1 Like

I just got the notification of pending payout for 3 reservations. They missed a couple and when the payout clears, I’ll let them know. In the meantime, I’m completely happy to have money I thought I’d never see…

I am on Moderate and I got a payout too :slight_smile:

You can check what cancellations are eligible for payouts

1 Like

Check your cancelled reservations, there is now a new column that details the cancellation status, in respect of CV19.

JF

1 Like

It was smart of them to add this. They must be tired of all the calls about it.