How to prevent men from spraying their.... Piss

Only 'cos the mods deleted the photos!

6 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen! Errr wait—let me rethink that… :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks all! I needed a chuckle today…new Tablet not working,- on the phone with tech support when the doorbell rings, the cat throws up on the rug, tried to drag him to the kitchen floor and I accidentally hang up on tech support as the phone buzzes with a last minute request for tonight.

Looking for the vodka or gin!!

1 Like

I have a similar issue - my rental cabin is on a septic system. I warn guests about flushing sanitary products down the toilet with a cute sign.

Update: never heard back from Samsung tech support but my guests were Computer Science majors from Hong Kong. Tablet problem fixed!

Some last minute reservations are worth the effort!

2 Likes

As pointed out by Barns, the point of origin is the problem as it never comes out in a single perfect stream. A single sheet of IZAL wrapped around - sorry - worked perfectly, absolutely zero spray for years and years then they stopped making it!! I have looked everywhere for a replacement there is nothing like it and tracing paper doesn’t decompose! The perfect business for a Dragons den entrepreneur - every home would constantly be buying it - Sorted!

I nominate this post for wierdest ressurection of a thread in forum history. To think that someone joined the forum just to share this tidbit of info about their -sorry- is rather amusing. It must have something to do with the time change in the EU/UK. :wink:

5 Likes

Seconded!

My MIL used to work at the Izal factory in Sheffield. I don’t know if anyone else remembers the stuff but it was like wiping your bum on sandpaper.

1 Like

There’s a simple solution available in every home. The males can sit on the toilet. They already know how to do it so it shouldn’t be that difficult to train them. Of course if you can get people to buy bottled water even in places where tap water is tasty and nearly free I suppose you can sell anything.

1 Like

Or they could use a male version of a She-Wee which is so contradictory I’m thinking in circles. (And I’ve just realised that contradictory was an unintentional pun).

Um, we are talking about men here. They’ve been peeing for tens of thousands of years with the equipment provided but still haven’t a) learned how to be splash-free or b) evolved.

4 Likes

And each of those are toxic to pets, even in small doses.

Dreadful stuff! Izal was the only loo paper provided at my very old-fashioned boarding school, so we used to ask parents to send us soft tissue. I often wondered if school did this on purpose knowing that none of the boarders would use it, hence saving on school expenses.

Ha, I remember it from school too!

Actually I remember it more as something to just smear everything everywhere :frowning_face: There was zero absorbency. Seriously, what was the point of it? Newspaper would have been better.

Okay, now I’m going to demonstrate how very, very, very old I am. When I was a small child, we had an outside loo at the end of the yard that was shared with the house next door.

It had squares of newspaper hanging on a nail for the previously discussed purpose. I suppose my mum and the lady next door used to keep the supply topped up having neatly cut the squares from yesterday’s paper. I know I sound like someone from the dark ages but it’s true.

I was taught to crumple. It was supposed to increase the effectiveness of the newspaper or Izal.

I’m surprising myself that such things happened within living memory and even more so because it was my living memory! :astonished:

3 Likes

I’m going to be 60 soon. How the hell did that happen?? But I remember my parents talking about newspaper on a nail. And penny for the guy…and the rag and bone man… and lots of stuff that seems nuts now, like all us kids getting our own cardboard box of Standard fireworks that we kept under the bed until November 5th. I can still remember the excitement and anticipation. I used to count them and sniff them every day. Crazy, eh?

Crazy but I remember everything you mentioned. In fact, I thought they still had those things. Well, not the rag and bone man or the newspaper loo paper but Standard Fireworks and penny for the guy, definitely.

P.S. I’m older than you and it doesn’t suit me at all!

Nah nobody does penny for the guy anymore, not for a long time actually. If you think about the history, it was always a bit dodgy! Plus the fact that kids were hanging around outside pubs at closing time on their own with an old suit stuffed with newspaper asking for money… I wasn’t allowed to do it. My parents were trying to be posh :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hey, we’re hosts. We clean up after guests. Just clean it up!

As for complaints about men’s bathroom habits, my husband spent about seven years as a maintenance worker at an airport in his college days. He cleaned bathrooms thousands of time. He says women’s bathrooms were far worse and far faster than men’s.

I did janitor work for several years. One of the buildings I cleaned was an old shopping mall converted to offices. They still used the large bathrooms in the hallways.

The men’s restrooms were disgusting - urine everywhere, on the walls and toilet seats and floor. Toilets were often unflushed. But the sinks were clean and the trash cans almost empty.

Women’s restrooms had very clean toilets, but the sinks and mirrors needed a lot of cleaning and the trash cans would be stuffed full of paper towels. They also went through more toilet paper by far.

Both took about the same amount of time to clean.

1 Like