How to prevent men from spraying their.... Piss

No one wanted to touch them.

And no one washed their hands. LOL.

Yup, I remember that. We lived in a hospital house in the '50s when I was a child; the Izal we were provided with had Government Property stamped on each sheet! Thinking about it, I don’t remember if soft loo paper was even available or invented.

I vaguely remember rationing still being in place, the Rag & Bone Man coming up the lane with his odd call of “any old iron”, the excitement of the Corona soft drinks lorry arriving, and a travelling baker.

Guy Fawkes Night seems to have been knocked over by Halloween these days, sadly. I recently met an 18 year old who knew nothing about it, or its origins.
Thanks for the trip down childhood memories!

1 Like

The graphic novel and movie V for Vendetta introduced it to some members of later generations. I showed the movie in my government class around this time of year each year and also had the Guy Fawkes costume.

1 Like

You could put a sign: Don’t flatter yourself…stand closer to toilet bowl

2 Likes

At our cabin up the river, we had a Sears catalog in the outhouse. We could leave it there but we had to take the seat inside because the porcupines would come and gnaw on it to get the salt from the sweat on the seat. When we complained about the catalog my dad would tell us we were lucky we didn’t have to use corncobs like he did when he was a kid… :wink:

What a great story! I can’t get corncobs out of my mind now… :wink:

When I was a kid, it was seen as being terribly posh if people had squares of The Radio Times (a weekly English radio programme guide) on their nail. Although it was newsprint like a regular newspaper, it was valued for its superior softness. :slight_smile:

Who eats enough corn to have that kind of supply of cobs? Or did they rinse and re-use?

RR

1 Like

Thank you so much for the nomination KCC , really appreciated!! - where do I collect my gong?, and yes, you are correct about the time change, if you go to the UK it’s about minus 50 years! (those were the days……)