Welcome to AirHostsForum.com!

We are a community of AirBnb hosts. This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts!

How to prevent men from spraying their.... Piss

Sorry to be so blunt!

Some male guests rudely pee landing on the rim of the bowl, and leave also drops on the floor in front of the bowl. Besides being gross, it also implies that my place is not clean (the bathroom is shared with another guest room) and i would feel very uncomfortable if i walked in and had to confront this.

How do you dissuade people from doing this? A cute sign? A stern warning in the house rules? What Has worked for you, so that i may use your technique.

Thanks!

I would think a cute sign. Or a little placard in the mens bedroom reminding them that other guests use the bathroom, so they should be as accurate as possible with their…aim. But really, should a grown up human being really need reminding to wipe up urine from rim/floor? ugh.

No amount of signage will solve this. It just comes with the territory. If you ever go to a men’s room in a commercial establishment you will see they just keep backing up a bit as the line of urine creeps further and further from the toilet.

I often think how good it would be if all guests were post-menopausal single women!

I suggest you clean it. I operated a holiday establishment for 13 years. During peak periods, we would check the toilets 4 times a day. You are not going to change their habits over a couple of days if they are not toilet trained already. Just keep in a cupboard some disposable gloves, a spray and cloth. Less than 10 seconds. Consider your other guests.

And lets not get sexist here. I can assure you that males are not the only offenders for bathroom cleanliness.

Reminds me of a great life thought:

“Life is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat. Sooner or later you will get pissed off.”

Are you sure? I thought every problem could be solved if we just put up enough signs.

Something along the lines of “If you Sprinkle when you Tinkle, Be a Sweetie, and clean up after yourself you big Oaf. The rest of our guests are housebroken, and they don’t deserve to have to deal with your disgusting habits”

these help :slightly_smiling:
Leave some clorox wipes near by

I had 2 girls last night and you would of thought they were men, the way they sprayed!

Worst part of hosting. I’ve a terribly weak stomach :mask:

Sure, Millharbour – but then you need another sign asking guests to please not dispose of those clorox wipes in the toilet since it will clog the pipes… Then another sign instructing them what to do when the toilet is clogged…

A sign telling people how to use the plunger. A sign asking people to clean the plunger after use. A sign asking people to store the plunger away. A sign asking guests to wash their hands thoroughly after putting the plunger away. A sign instructing guests on how to thoroughly clean their hands. A sign telling guests where the waste basket is. A sign asking guests to empty the wastebasket when it is full, and not to keep heaping paper towels and kleenex on top of the overflowing pile of trash. A sign asking guests to read all signs before doing anything. A sign asking guests to let the host know if they think there is a sign that other guests need, in order to make their stay an enjoyable one.

How about a sign to make sure the plunger isn’t covered in feces when they put it back in the holder?

Soon, a place will be so covered in signs that it will be necessary to lower prices because the classiness of the place has been diminished.

Personally, I wouldn’t rent a place with signs in the bathrooms…

In seventeen different languages…

I had request from a couple of guests in private feedback to provide a plunger, as they pooped a lot, but i refuse to get one as I think they’re the most unhygienic things invented.:mask: Leaving a toilet cleaner there i guess is better…

this is why i refuse to get a plunger. Disgusting :mask:

You prefer to plunge for them?

LOL so true just trying to help out:)

I have other means :wink:

So long as it isn’t a gloved hand…

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!