How to get more guests

VRBO(Homeaway) and booking dot com are the first to look into. Remember that when you list on multiple platforms, you need a way to sync calendars automatically, and there is software available for it. Make sure you really understand how it works so that you don’t make a costly mistake.

3 Likes

It looks like you have a lot of businesses in your area. I would suggest printing up a flyer or pamphlet on your space and dropping it by some of these businesses. You can also host an open house to your small business community, invitation only - afternoon cheese and wine. Look at the list of things to do in your area and contact those experience owners, the cooking class, the ski board instructor. I have a local yoga instructor who does 3 day retreats and I always get a group of women - they are gone all day, don’t drink and go to bed early - dream guests.

If you haven’t already, join your local Chamber of Commerce and if you have one, your local Travel Bureau. Get to know the owners of larger properties on your area (traditional B&Bs, Inns). They may be willing to refer business to you when they are fully booked. Get to know your local restaurant owners, people often ask them for suggestions on places to stay.

If you have Winter festivals or events, contact your past guests (the great ones) and invite them back.

Good luck!

3 Likes

You have lots of excellent advice here. One other thing you can try is to get in contact with local event spaces or event/wedding planners - a good portion of my weekend rentals comes from people in town for weddings. They make great guests, and if you are friendly with the local wedding planners they will recommend you to their clients.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for the feedback. A fresh, outside perspective is so helpful.

1 Like

I am going to end up with 3 sets on my property, 1 in each cabin and one in the office addition I just started. Well at least 2 sets I may hold off on the 3rd for the office for now.
I had a client tell me to look at the best buy outlet I am going to try that.

RR

Enable guest posting options, then Create posts for popular topics.