How to charge a guest for extra 10 days stay- he insisted off airbnb after 2 days

So I had a guest who booked on airbnb for 2 days and then asked me to book for extra 10 days directly. I agreed but now he can’t make the bank transfer ( I have no idea why), and now he want’s after he already stayed for 10 days extra to make payment over airbnb.

Should I ask him to make a new reservation for example 1 day and raise the price like its 10 days, or can he send me the money through resolution payment (this way there is no airbnb fee).

Can he go to an ATM machine to make a cash withdrawal? Have him pay you in cash.

3 Likes

It’s a lot of cash, so maybe he can’t, I gave him several payment options, but now he insists over airbnb.

1 Like

It should be easy to send the money, when you go to previous trips, you can just click resolution payment and send the money to host for different reasons. But since it is a large amount, I don’t know if I will somehow get flagged by airbnb and they asking me questions.

1 Like

I have to wonder why you let him stay for an extra 10 days, or even one, before he paid.

Seems like he could have gone to an ATM the first day of his extension, taken out some cash, paid you for a few days, then gone back for more cash if he couldn’t withdraw enough for the whole 10 days at once.

I would tell him it isn’t possible to pay through Airbnb when it hasn’t been booked through Airbnb and the dates he extended are past and insist on cash.

7 Likes

He got positive for covid so has been isolating for 10 days already. Maybe he can’t get out for cash now. few times he got tested already and keeps being positive. Is there any reason why it couldn’t go through airbnb resolution, there is extra services there so can just state quarantine at hosts home or wahtever and send the money.

1 Like

Can he pay you using his credit card? You can set it up quickly and then charge him on his credit card. Just google it. There’s a platform called Square. You can open a free account but they’ll charge you a transaction fee.

1 Like

I asked him to pay through Wise.com, there is a credit card option payment there, but he just insists now to go through airbnb, i have no idea why, I just don’t feel like to argue with him, I don’t really care how he pays as long as he pays. So should he make new booking? he will stay few more days so I can send him the special offer with marked up price or use resolution payment to avoid airbnb fee?

Just put it in the resolution center and see if it goes through. Or send a special offer for the amount you need.

Are you sure he’s covid positive? It sounds like he is taking you for a ride.

4 Likes

he’s positive, I got a call from local hospital asking me to make sure he don’t leave the house or have visitors

2 Likes

You can request funds from a guest for a booking that is complete. I’m pretty sure it’s not a good idea to say it’s for an off-platform booking, though. That would be a good way to get your hosting account banned.

1 Like

I don’t plan to request funds, he can just go to previous bookings and send them without me asking them, he can write whatever reason, extra service-late checkout, or write damage claim, whatever, I will just ask he don’t write off platform booking in the description

1 Like

I doubt anyone at airbnb reads this if it is mutually agreed between host and guest, even for emergencies I have to wait for someone for a week to reply to me.

It will take him about one minute to do a bank transfer why hasn’t he done that. Give him a few hours to pay or he will need to vacate

No reason or benefit for him to pay via Airbnb he is stalling and sadly you are being taken for a ride.

Sounds like he doesn’t have the money .

1 Like

he owes 3000 usd, he must not vacate anywhere before paying

they just made the payment

4 Likes

Why are you letting him stay without paying them ?

1 Like

I don’t know, it was the first time I let it happen, he seemed trustworthy, it turned out good in the end.

2 Likes

He’s messing with you. there are lots of ways that he could pay although like @muddy I don’t understand why you didn’t ask for the money in advance. Cash, Paypal, bank transfer, credit card, etc.

This insisting on the Airbnb thing is probably just another stalling tactic.

I’m afraid that it’s your job.

2 Likes

its paid through airbnb

2 Likes