How often are you booked?

Why would you get a tattoo?

It’s her. I got a little confused going between the phone app and my laptop. She’s been moping and crying the entire time. She was on the east coast on a J1 visa working since last June at a resort island. She set off for a road trip with 2 other Romanians and ended up in California. She was in a rebound relationship with the guy. He seems to have dumped her so she ventured off on her own to wait out her departure from Los Angeles Airport this Saturday.

This isn’t Copacabana, but we do have a vibrant, beachy atmosphere with lots of shops and outdoor places within walking distance. She went out but returned quickly. She didn’t want to be alone. Omg. Every suggestion I made she poo poo’d. I know why that guy dumped her.

2 Likes

That would be a tattoo with the word “CHECK ID”.

That seems a mite harsh.

1 Like

I think you’d agree. She is young, but a real whiner. Everything I suggested for her to do she said no to: take a walk to the beach. “I don’t like the beach.” Take a walk along 2nd street and check out the shops and people. “No I don’t want to go alone.”

Last night I laughed that we were both eating chips. I was on my way into my cave and she was propped up in her bed. “There’s nothing else to do.” Was her reply.

1 Like

Fair enough, @J_Wang. You met her, I didn’t. And we all whine occasionally. Though most of us grow out of it.

She’s still growing :slight_smile:

next day update: I got up early and just got back home. It’s 2.32pm. She’s still in bed. She did get up to eat something because I see some stuff in the kitchen trash bin. I made some small talk and mentioned how nice the beach is now. “maybe later tonight…”

another update: She hasn’t left the house all day. It’s dark outside. I went out on the deck to bring in a dish I’d left and there she was, crying her eyes out and eating Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. Poor dear.

1 Like

Man, she’s in bad shape. I remember going through a breakup, crying in bed…eventually I always figured out a reason to get up and go do something. Not everyone has that strength, I guess. How much longer will she be there? It’s nice that you are trying to give her some motivation to do something.

Thank goodness she leaves tomorrow, but her flight isn’t until 8pm out of LAX. I said I was sorry but I’ve got a guy coming in at 2 (the truth). She said that was fine and she didn’t mind hanging out at the airport. She keeps telling me I have no idea how bad she wants to leave.

I’m going to ask her if she wants to come with me on my afternoon walk/run. I think I know what she’s going to say but I’m going to ask anyway.

2 Likes

That’s real super-hosting! :wink:

1 Like

I’m getting depressed just reading your posts about her and her responses. Let’s hope she picks up real soon that nobody likes to be around a Debbie-Downer.

I, for one, will be waiting with bated breath to learn what kind of personality your 2:00 check-in has.

I’ve gotta give props to all of you who deal face-to-face with guests…I don’t think I could…I don’t like people well enough. (ha!)

1 Like

I just asked her. She said no. She hasn’t gotten out of bed all day except for the usual stuff :slight_smile:

My 2pm tomorrow from Spain but living in Oakland looks like loads of fun. He’ll be here a week for a conference.

I just got this scolding from our Hosting web master:
Let others join the conversation

This topic is clearly important to you – you’ve posted more than 20% of the replies here.

Are you sure you’re providing adequate time for other people to share their points of view, too?

I would consider that message to be from the Forum Nanny! I got that once, and stopped posting. I am easily intimidated. :wink:

1 Like

That’s almost certainly an automated message coming from the software. I’ve received it before (more than once), and ignored it. I don’t take orders from machines. Not till the machines transcend and become self-aware, that is. And if they did, I’d join the Resistance. :slight_smile:

And congratulations on trying to take your guest out of herself. It definitely falls into the category of going above and beyond.

2 Likes

I got that once too, and was taken aback, but just for a moment, then posted away!!!

1 Like

Thats cruel… Poor girl, she has broken heart, and thats why she is not interested to go anywhere.

I understand that; and I’m not making fun of her! I’ve been trying everything to cheer her up. Offered her barbequed sausages for dinner. Invited her to go on a walk with me. But she said it’s too hot and she doesn’t like the beach.

1 Like

I cried once so hard over a guy constantly that when I looked in the mirror I had permanent bags under my eyes. It was a wake up call because my vanity was at stake. He had already broken my heart. I was not going to let him wreck my face too! Decided then and there to get over it. :smile: no guy is worth that! The things you learn after 40. :smile:

4 Likes

Very seasonal here, summer season is May to August, I"m in Upstate NY.
In 2016, I had one booking each for the months of Jan, Feb, March, April.
I was busier this summer than any other previously (3 yrs listed on ABB).
So busy I had to block off some calendar days just so I could have some time to myself (this is a house share ABB)
I completely blocked off my October, November, and December for now.
In the past, I’ve gotten reservations for those months from guests from Europe, usually a booking for October would be requested in July, November requests in August. Since that did not happen this year, I decided to close off those months.
I also just needed a break, I work a full time and a few part time jobs/gigs, so I’ve already made as much money as I wanted to from ABB for calendar year 2016.

1 Like

(Darn it, you found my weakness…self-deprecating humor. It’s late and I’m trying to settle down for the evening and you’ve made me laugh…stop-it!)

1 Like

We book about 12 to 15 days a month for a full house. We are in a moderately size city in a central area. We could book more, but we want 2 days between bookings for cleaning. We charge higher than ABB numbers and are happy with the money we are getting. THOUGH cleaning time is longer than expected.