How did you select a name for your unit?

I prefer to undersell and over deliver but I have a different kind of rental.

Peaceful Magnolia Palms sounds like a cemetery to me. Sorry, I know that’s not helpful.

6 Likes

@KKC

It is helpful. I was going for the peaceful quiet aspect and I guess i over did it. Cemetery is a bit too peaceful

1 Like

Maybe others don’t agree with me.

Is there any kind of theme inside the rental? It’s like people who use words like “hideaway” or “retreat” or “cozy”…they are so non-unique. How about the word serene palms? Still waters condo?

1 Like

People are dying to go there! Ha Ha!
How about Palm Tree Paradise?

2 Likes

Ha, wish I’d thought of that one.

2 Likes

Sounds like an assisted living facility. Stop trying to be clever and just put a nice factual name. Although this post is fun!

1 Like

@Annet3176 I will second @JamJerrupSunset. I like the name “P.F.P.”, it rolls around well in my mouth. I also adore parrot fish. It’s a great colorful picture (mind copyright issues). It’s based on YOUR initial idea, an idea that probably came instinctively without overthinking too much.
Make sure to google the name, to see what already show up.

You are in a tropical location (if I understood well), and to me a Magnolia does not sound very tropical at all.

2 Likes

Now I understand that you are seeking a title for your property’s AirBNB listing, not a name for your property. They are different things, in my opinion. Your listing title is your 3 seconds to get a potential guest to stop and actually click on the picture to read more.

Avoid words such as “quiet” and “peaceful.” You have just promised something that you can not possibly ensure every, single day.

I am not looking for a place with a particular type of tree. I am looking for a private bath, proximity to a certain commercial center or within a 5 minute drive of the interstate, walking distance to restaurants, or free parking. Use those precious words to encourage your target market to actually look at your listing.

Then, within your narrative you can use the “name” you have chosen. And then, all my handouts have the logo and name, the granola mason jars do too. My branding is not for web searches, but to deliver a consistent and hospitable environment for my guests after they have arrived.

3 Likes

I like this (with capitals…) if you can show a pic of the Still Waters.

1 Like

How about Distilled Waters Condo with a picture of Jack Daniels Whisky? LOL.

6 Likes

Hmmm I just cram as many features as I can in the 50 characters alloted, including the “Park Free” bit. I get a really mixed bag of people on business, tourists, those visiting friends, college student parents, and folks just looking to spend the last night of a trip near the airport, so “unbranded” is probably the best brand for me, though I’m open to rethinking that. I guess if guests are filtering on features maybe I would do better with a cool name than just repeating them. I also read some old Airbnb employee’s blog that a photo of a nicely set up bed gets the most customer response.

Maybe it’s on the border of Georgia and Florida? :japanese_goblin:

“Serene Palms”? Still getting a cemetery vibe.

2 Likes

Like the palms are laying crossed on the body as it lies in the casket?

Argh. My apologies to anyone with a recent death.

1 Like

I’d truly be very careful about using any description that might end up to be (temporarily) untrue. For example ‘peaceful’.

Our rentals are in one of the quietest more peaceful areas ever. EVER.

But add a lawn service on the building opposite, or construction next door and it’s really NOT peaceful. Maybe I’m paranoid, but that’s a great excuse for a guest to give you an unfavourable review at best and demand a partial refund at worst.

2 Likes

@JamJerrupSunset
@GutHend

North Myrtle Beach is an odd place weather-wise. Thanks to the Gulf Stream passing fairly close to the coast we’ve got palmetto palms everywhere, alligators are happy here, and most years you can be outside and comfortably golf December-April. This past year palm trees & ponds froze. You could see alligator snouts poking out of the ice. Next year it could be in the high 70’s F in February.

Yes I advertise my place as very peaceful and quiet which it is 99% of the time but there is always the chance of someone mowing their lawn or doing some building work or the whack old lady next door playing her crap '80s music loud for an hour on a Tuesday afternoon. I end up being very apologetic but no one has ever complained either directly or in the review.

2 Likes

I’m loving this thread. Lots of good comments here. Also very different opinions on what makes a good title or listing name.

My ideas were not mainstream enough. I am appreciating the feedback.

I like the humor in the dis-stilled water comment. If I were on a pond I would be all over the “Still Waters” idea. There is a moment at sunset when the intercoastal waterway is calm & like glass. Unfortunately it is only a moment.

I love the cadence of Parrot Fish Paradise.

I understand about make it meaningful about the pluses of the rental.

Please keep the ideas coming.

It is great to hear how you named your listing.

1 Like

That’s me! :wink:

3 Likes

Intercoastal Condo…

3 Likes