Guests lifestyle annoyance

Woah! I think you are possibly in the wrong line of work!
When you host you welcome every faith, colour, personality, oddity, annoyance, nationality, sexual preferences etc etc but here you are being biased towards someone’s choice of food!
Honestly I’m shocked at your comments.
You say this couple are home all day… You could only know their exact location if you too are home all day?!
You have chosen to host… You are not their keeper/spy/or judge.
How they choose to spend their time is their business not yours. You have no idea of the reason why they are away from home.
I can travel to the USA & pig out on burgers & then go to Thailand & be a veggie for a month & drop 14lb!
I think you should rethink your vocation!

Lol, this is an amusing read!

I have red all these comments, just been busy to reply but I will reply to you all in this large comment then.
And yes I make no apologies for wanting active healthy guests staying with me rather than lazy slobs who stay at my home all day and eat junk food/fast food(poor nutrition basically) and not go out sightseeing much, what is wrong with that? Oh shock horror I like to associate with healthy people. And yes I like MONEY your not wrong there, but I’d much rather be taking money from healthy active people not lazy slobs who lack a get up and go energy to life and lead an unhealthy lifestyle. Im active and fit and eat well and go out a lot, I should expect the same type of guests. I’m not a halfway house for “lazy people” to chill and hide away from the busy world… I want active people who actually go out and sightsee and have lots of energy and actually take pride in themselves… What is wrong with that? And yes I will adjust my Airbnb Ad to drop hints that I actually want active people who like to be active and do a lot of sightseeing, instead of slobbing at the house all day watching TV and playing on the internet and eating fast-food,. So get over it some of you, I like active guests. Not guests who barely showered(these ones who have now left)/who in one week stay only went out twice/live of fast food and cheap booze etc. No wonder by the end of the stay there faces were breaking out in zits and pimples all that fast food. I didn’t see any vegetables in sight all week. Frozen chips that you put in the oven are not vegetables get over it some of you… Maybe some of you don’t live healthy lifestyles as you have so much sympathy for these unhealthy lazy slob guests… I eat well and lead a healthy lifestyle and I want others who come into my house leading the same lifestyle, it’s about creating a positive energy or ZEN in my home not a fast food restaurant or a dirty lazy slob environment where you hardly shower(these past guests) and just watch TV all day and not actually go out and sightsee.

I understand that you prefer to only accommodate like minded people, and that it must have been stressful to have them around the whole time. I’m wondering how you handled the whole situation and what you said in their review: Could you share it with us?

2 Likes

I’m playing the waiting game. I find if you give a bad review often then the other party(e.g. the guest will lie and give a bad review back to save face). So I’m playing the waiting game and not reviewing them in the hope they won’t review me. I have given them bad stars though so they will see that but I didn’t give em a public review yet or a private one in the fear they will lie and I don’t want to then have to go through the complaint system of appealing to Airbnb to remove the review on defamatory grounds…

But you do know they can’t read your review until they have submitted theirs. Without leaving you a review they will only be able to read yours after the review period has passed.

Did you confront them with their behavior, or did you suck it up and just let them be? I’m wondering if in the end the mood was ok, or that both suffered from the situation.

1 Like

Yeah good point about the reviews thing thanks for reminding me.
I just tolerated it as it was a short stay 7-nights. I thought about bringing this up on night 3 when it occurred to me they were barely showering e.g. I’m not even sure the guy had a shower in 7-days of staying, the girl I counted it twice. I figured they were leaving and I would have to a bigger clean than usual anyway of the bedroom and mattress and sheets e.g. bleach the sheets so I just left it, figuring there maybe some risk Airbnb won’t refund me if i terminate the booking on the grounds of poor hygiene by my guests/and being smelly and smelling there BO door from there room(was awful like a gym locker room)… And as I didn’t say in the add stuff like active or they must be out of the house at specific times, I wasn’t 100% confident i’d be able to boot em with a refund for the remaining nights. And if i booted em early, i was afraid they would lie and say stuff like my house isn’t clean etc… So I’m gonna re-rowrd my ad and host agreement e.g. the host agreement might have minimum standard requirements about hygiene the guests must have e.g. wash every day one shower per day is compulsory/and don’t go on the nice sofa until you have had a shower and don;t go on the nice sofa if you ware sweaty from exercise have a shower first etc… The mood was just polite, but no social chat e.g. what did you do today etc. It was basically a civil avoidance, we both realised we didn’t like each other and had nothing to say to each other i had nothing to stay to them they had nothing to say to me and we both gave off the body language of we can’t wait to end this booking and never see each other again, so mostly they hid in there room, and when i came out to cook we would say hi in a civil tone and then within 5 minuted they would go to there room. So it was in the end a culture of avoidance after about day 2 when we realised we didn’t like each other, and they sensed my dissapporving energy a bit in my body language i gave them when they were on the couch. So we just kept it civil and hardly saw each other after day 2… Iv’e hosted about 120 bookings and they were far-out the most lazy unproductive guests I’ve ever had. I thought maybe they were sick, but they din’t show signs they were sick e.g. no coughing, and they went out twice at night in the 7-night booking, but as said only two trips out during the day for sightseeing the other 4-days were left slopping around at my home doing nothing. Why come somewhere to a foreign country and just waste time all day watching reality trashy TV and eating fast food is beyond me… As I said no other guests have been this lazy out of my 120-bookings, and all bookings I’d say except this one were active in my experience of hosting… A-grade lazy slobs they were…

Were you a psychotherapist in a previous life? You have a splendid ability to draw people into disclosing issues that, on reflection, they might have chosen to keep undisclosed. Respect and admiration!

1 Like

Thanks for this, Steve, best laugh I’ve had today so far!

1 Like

Plenty! Including the grammatical and spelling mistakes! You say you’ve read the comments but it doesn’t seem to influence you at all.

That starts with you!

4 Likes

No, not at all. I was just genuinely interested to know in how he handled the situation. We can all imagine a situation where we encounter a guest that is very different to ourselves, and it’s interesting to see how different people cope with this situation.

@steve5500 Did you consider your guest were just totally waisted from their jet lag? Maybe the problem was that they totally underestimated the jet leg, and their unfit bodies weren’t able to cope with it. Or maybe the weather was so totally different to where they live that that was the problem. If they came from cold England and all of a sudden are faced with extreme heat, maybe it was difficult for them. Where are you actually located? Could it be jet lag and heat?

Although in the latter case it would have been more normal to shower a few times a day :unamused:. I’m wondering, how do you actually know they didn’t have more showers? Is it a shared bathroom or something?

1 Like

I knew they were not showering on regular basis if at all as I’m a morning person and am up at 7am, and work from home a lot of the time, so I could monitor there movements over 24-hrs, and I went out once briefly for 30-minues when they at my house with me not there, and the shower was as dry as when I return so it’s obvious no shower was done as the water takes at least 3hrs to dry of totally on my shower tiles…
The first guests out of 120 bookings that did not shower every day. I only counted two showers and unfortunately it was the woman both times as she came out of the shower(once on first night after the tour was done) and another time as I was about to have breakfast… The man her boyfriend did NOT shower once in 7-nights of being here, disgusting. To deal with hi BO smell I could smell alot of sprayed deodorant etc, it was filthy his behaviour and she was hardly better…
They went out sightseeing for two days when I was here, but they went out before me and I retired home twice before them and the shower had not been used. it’s digesting and gross and I have had to bleach there sheets as opposed to just wash them and also cleaned the mattress with cleaning powders etc to deal with the stench…

And jet leg you say, um they were already travelling in Australia and had come from another Australian city in the same time zone so jet leg wasn’t a factor… And there were no signs they were sick e.g. coughing, vomiting in the bathroom, spending extended periods in the bathroom or smells of diarrhoea. They were eating at regular times and eating food(just the food they ate was disgusting e.g. frozen chicken nuggets and frozen chips you put in the oven, and not one piece of fruit or any vegetables I saw them eat in seven days). There fridge shelf was full of chocolate etc, not even any stuff like Greek Yoghurt or any fish. They were horrid this english couple there hygiene and eating habits, the worst out of 120 bookings I’ve had…
All facilities(bathroom and kitchen were shared, so I could defiantly see there behaviour habits etc)…

1 Like

My friend rents out one of her bedrooms. She is a vegan and doesn’t cook meat or fish at home so she states this on her listing. I suggest you do the same, e.g. listing that you prefer some healthy lifestyle and people who are there to enjoy the city (tourists). That way you may defer this time of guests. Good luck & lots of patience!

2 Likes

Cheers thanks for the tips, i am gonna change my ad to drop hints I want active guests… And I might ban certain meats being cooked etc for hygiene reasons…

She only has guests who are vegan or who are happy to eat out so they don’t cook meat / fish at home, I do hope it works for you as I do see this as a way to “push away” this type of unwanted guests so you’re happy :slight_smile:

Oh @ZaharaC please read @steve5500 other posts.

The latest guests are just one set, in a long line of guests he doesn’t like including those from black and ethnic backgrounds and those who are LGBT.

He also feels he is irresistible to female guests and that makes his male guests jealous of him

5 Likes

It’s also worth mentioning that he isn’t seeking advice. I don’t know why he posts, for fun I suppose. He hasn’t changed one bit since his first post. The list of people who don’t suit him just grows.

It occurs to me that the reason Steve doesn’t like this couple is because, in fact, they are too much like him. If he were out and about all day, working a job, doing outdoor activities, visiting museums or seeing shows, he wouldn’t know they’ve only gone out once. When one wants to watch TV all day but the guests are using the TV, it’s quite annoying.

Steve is trolling us. He claims he is booked all the time and has hosted 120 bookings

But doesn’t know how the review system works

3 Likes

OMG!!! Read through all the comments to finally see that this guy lives in Australia.
I am so embarrassed !

3 Likes

As we say in the South, “Bless his heart…” :wink:

1 Like

Stevie sweetheart, you do make me chuckle. You have nothing better to do so that you have time to count how often your guests shower???

:slight_smile:

2 Likes