Guests lifestyle annoyance

I was just trying to prevent ever being allowed to stay with this guy :wink:.
Would I just love to hear from his guests how their experience was !

I get it, so they don’t get the floors dirty, and hopefully with automatically flying out at 9am and in at 6pm. Yes, that would definitely be “da thing”. And of course with a small moment of levitating upside down so the money falls out :joy::rofl:.

2 Likes

But, but Steve … surely you realise that your British guests, who are without doubt in reality as cultured and sophisticated as one is oneself, are merely trying to fit in and experience a true American lifestyle?

(runs away, dodging flying objects hurled by irate fellow-hosts …)

4 Likes

At least the guests aren’t smokers and don’t slam doors!

2 Likes

@Guthend, you wouldn’t be allowed to stay because you’re gay. Steve doesn’t like gay couples or couples from any nation other than white, English speaking ones. How sad he finally got a booking from his approved demographic and they stay in and eat junk food. Drat! I think there might be a karmic component at work. He doesn’t like old people or overweight people. In fact, since only 10% of the world’s population fits his preferred demographic he has probably written here about every single booking they’ve had.

8 Likes

@Helsi
I completely agree with your point about Steve5500 being a hypocrite. I would go much further after reading some of his posts and call him a misogynistic, homophobic, paranoid, bigoted, narcissistic, and sad example of a human being (no offence, Steve). Plus a control-freak. I could go on…

But his spelling has always been atrocious, and he is very consistent in his grammatical mistakes (for example, he always uses ‘there’ instead of ‘their’ and ‘they’re’, and he does the same with ‘your’). So as much as I hate to admit this, it’s hard to exclude the possibility of a learning disability.

I don’t mean to accuse you of anything, but ‘they’ closed the thread with my logical mystery (which means I will forever have to wonder whether the third-person poster was the guest or the host) and I have severe insomnia, so I am just keeping myself busy…

I was also wondering about the outcome of that one.

1 Like

Normally when someone has dyslexia, they have spelling that is unpredictable and inconsistent.

Someone who consistently spells common words incorrectly, is more likely to be down to someone who didn’t have the best formal education.

I do think his most recent post, is worse in terms of grammar and spelling, then his previous posts, although they too have quite a few errors with some commonly used words.

1 Like

Are we sure he’s even a real host with a real listing??

2 Likes

Am with Helsi on this one, people in glass houses should not throw stones.

Steve, you need to amend your rules if you are unhappy with the sharing environment, no kitchen access, would encourage your guests to go out for food. I had a lovely girl stay with me and normally I don’t allow access to my kitchen but she just ate fruit/veg and nothing else, my house smelt of farts for a week, and we were all snowed in for 5 days. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow

4 Likes

Steve - I agree with you! Maybe list the type guests you are looking for, and increase your price. Maybe something like “outdoor fitness oriented guests preferred”. You may even consider removing the televisions from the living room and in the guest room. I am on the expensive side and don’t get this type of guest in my home.

Oh-mi-gosh – and snowed in too! My laugh for the day!

@steve5500 Once the “slobs” have left, can we know what review you have left them? I’m totally curious!

2 Likes

Steve5500 appears to have gone back into his cave once more.

4 Likes

Cave is a compliment - it implies a floor - my thoughts are more muddy, stagnant hole!

For your uneducated edification “there” should be “their”. It seems to me you are the one who should get out more. These Brits are obviously not middle-class but they have paid and if you don’t like it you are in the wrong business. Furthermore if you really think a vegan burger is a cultural artefact you really need to see a shrink.

1 Like

The public library isn’t open 24 hours a day!

1 Like

People that write obviously pungent things about their Guests are trying to bait the community into saying something odious to regurgitate to the public, smearing Hosts. :wink:

2 Likes

this is the best post ever!
i love you, Steve !
Basil Fawlty has nuffink on you !

2 Likes

After reading these 38 replies I only have one question…Where is Steve5500’s response ?

1 Like

LOL. Steve5500 has a well established reputation here. He appears a few times a year to complain about his guests. 90% of the threads are about their age, ethnicity, or some other behavior. Like one was about how guests were nosy. LOL. It isn’t unusual for him to not respond at all after the initial post.

2 Likes