Guests lifestyle annoyance

I am not surprised you have recieved the comments above, but I believe that it is largely down to the judgemental manner in which you report on the “British couple”. Take a step back and try identifying the cause of your anguish. Then minimise the risk of this happening again.

We, (and in my opinion all hosts) seek to attract our ‘ideal guests’. Adherence to our house rules, respectful of our homes and themselves and if friendly then that’s a bonus. How we improve our chances of success is largely down to the host. As a host you have, to some extent, control over whom you host. You, however, have to exercise that control. If you have strong views about the type of guests you want to attract and vice versa, then make those views known to potential guests in your description, BEFORE they book. Start IB if you’re not using it already. Then when you get an enquiry you have the opportunity to seek confirmation the guest has read and understands your expectations. Your current regime has the potential for a lose lose for both you and your guests. You’re very unhappy with this booking and I suspect your guests have picked up your displeasure and are equally unhappy. Time for you to make it clear what you expect form guests, for both your sakes!

We should just stop engaging this poster.

3 Likes

You are absolutely right. I just can’t resist sometimes… :wink:

5 Likes

And that’s just what they count on,Jaquo, (she said, having been weak resistor herself many times . . .)

1 Like