Furniture rearranged by guest

We live in the mountains and Yosemite is a destination for many guests. So yes I had a small tree in the corner. Never had anyone else complain about it in the last year. It would have been one thing if she had just put it in closet but the way she did it like trying to hide it. I actually originally thought she had taken the tree because I couldn’t find it anywhere cause she shoved it all taken apart into the back of closet and partially covered it.

I guess it depends on where one lives. If she didnt like it well that’s one thing but to take someone’s property and tear it all apart is another.

I think most of my guests are so last century. They love the TV in the living room and they use the DVD player! I have a couple of groups of friends who stay every year and bring the same DVD so they can watch it together.

1 Like

Was she smoking meth in your home? That’s a huge concern.

There are several possible reasons for the extraordinary energy. The one that immediately comes to mind is under-treated or un-treated bipolar snd she’s in the high energy phase. It is common they see the expenditure of energy as being important and highly productive.

1 Like

My husband thought it smelled like it yes. IDK I’m just glad shes gone. May be untreated bi polar. I go above in my cleaning right now because of covid. This is not really a career for me. I’m 60 years young and just essentially host for the property owner who is also our landlord. My education is in horticulture and floral design from Cal Poly. We are small and not fancy by any means but our cost for renting and cleaning is kept low and we have been solid booked last couple months. So the work helps pay rent. I just dont have a lot of extra energy to have to put more time into maintaining the properties. So yes it made me upset. I am very grateful and enjoy guests who are kind and respectful. Our apartment is in between our 2 bnbs. This is our home along with two other residential apartments. It keeps us very busy. Thank you for letting me vent and for all the advice. I’m going to make some house rules regarding this issue. Have a blessed day all!:hugs:

3 Likes

If you live in the mountains and the views out the window are of pine and other trees, why have an artificial pine tree in the house?

1 Like

@Lannl1960 If I was you I’d invest in a small pine bonsai tree. It might be a bit of an investment but if you do a good job it’s kind of fund to look after as well. Much better than plastic.

1 Like

The woodwork in your house is way cool!

Some of our guests re arrange the iron chaises on the patio , now we have black marks from the tires being dragged.

1 Like

Thanks @gypsy. It’s a 1912 Arts and Crafts bungalow with most of its original woodwork. Your place is amazing and would be a dream holiday if my 6’4” husband could fit into it.

2 Likes

Yeah, tall people have a bit of hell in a full size bed. I think our head room is about 6’2". Your place is stunning!

2 Likes

Hmmm. But the image isn’t of guests, is it?

JF

1 Like

Here you go - https://airbnb.com/h/theparkshouse

2 Likes

@gypsy Years ago I had a boyfriend who had bought himself a converted school bus to live in. However, he had neglected to measure the headroom. He was 6’2" and the ceiling was 6’. He had to walk around with his head slightly tilted. He didn’t keep that bus for long :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had a house rule to not rearrange furniture without permission. I really didn’t care so much that the furniture was rearranged, but the problem is that it almost invariably involves damaging the furniture or the walls.

3 Likes

Beautiful house! I wish I could just spend the rest of my life traveling!

1 Like

@Gypsy is that your listing? Wow, just wow. I love the plants and the loungers and everything. Just amazing. if you re-photograph the place one day, I’d swap the couple chatting with a glass of white wine (regional?) and two glasses (e.g. you are alluding to a couple enjoying themselves without actually showing them). Amazing place you’ve got there.

2 Likes
  1. Anything that could tip over should be secured so that it won’t, or it should be removed. It’s a hazard (and in liability for you) that you don’t want in your rental.
    And don’t get me going about antiques or other valuable furniture that could be damaged.

2. Any rental should have a “no candles or incense” rule. The soot ends up on the ceiling, and any open flame is a fire hazard, and again, a liability for you.

3. I think @RiverRock is right about the TV’s location. Put it in the bedroom. Or have no TV. My rooms have WiFi but no TV. I’ve had one comment about it in reviews.

Bipolar folks who are off their meds and manic do stuff like this.

A friend with that problem welded the top of a VW Beetle (with sunroof) onto the top of his schoolbus, right where his kitchen was, so he could cook standing up.

He was always careful about checking bridge heights.

1 Like

Those are the “old” elopement models… below from the collaborative shoot 10 days ago.

3 Likes