Don't forget the feminine hygiene products

We have had a number of new threads recently about amenities ranging from chargers for cars to chargers for electronic devices; from fully stocking for infants to leaving nothing in hopes that guests won’t even cook. LOL.

An essential amenity that every host should leave in the guest bathroom are some pads and tampons for women who start bleeding while at your rental, particularly if your rental isn’t close to a store.

10 Likes

I added pads to my in case you need anything drawer about 6 months ago, the same two are still there and the rest of the 30 pack in the locked closet. At this rate they will last many years! Better safe than sorry though.

RR

6 Likes

Yes, I think one tampon and one pad have disappeared in the last 3 years. Prior to that they were in the hall bathroom with a generous supply and I wasn’t counting. But it’s absolutely worth it. Just one incident will make a believer out of anyone.

5 Likes

Had’em since day one.

I’ll bow out now then :blush:

JF

4 Likes

I have tampons in the bathrooms. They don’t get used all that often, but often enough.

2 Likes

I have “emergency” tampons and pads in a little basket under the bathroom sink, I’ve had one group use two pads and another use every tampon and half the pads. I will continue to stock them; I would appreciate them being there if I were a guest and needed one.

2 Likes

I know that can be annoying. Like when a guest clearly takes things for future use, not here I assume, since no packaging is in the trash. But then there is the guest like the woman here for 6 nights this week who uses a single consumable all week, a canned fizzy water. She used one towel, less than one roll of TP, etc. So it balances out.

5 Likes

On a related note I also have a cute little sign mounted next to my toilet paper that says “please flush only toilet paper” in hopes that guests won’t flush tampons (among other things) down my house’s old pipes.

Mine looks like this:

…although I purchased it off eBay for about half the price.

1 Like

Absolutely. Most guests use none of my provided extras but I guarantee they all remember that I had “everything they needed”!

6 Likes

Me too, but none have been used in almost a year. I wonder if guests just never found them.

I draw the line here. I am close to stores. Most of my guests are male. The boxes get tatty looking in the drawer. And many are shifting to cups, which is very low maintenance.

I spend more time managing adult diapers.

If someone had an emergency, it would be happy to help. But then they expect it to be part of the service. Enough is enough.

3 Likes

That is what they are there for I have not even had any used/taken since I put them out 6ish months ago.

I have two pads in the drawer, the package is put away… The pads are individually wrapped.

RR

2 Likes

How is it that women today seem (from these posts) to be so organised and travel prepared so that they don’t use the thoughtfully provided products … yet still manage to get bloodstains on the bedding?

Or maybe I don’t want to know. :wink:

6 Likes

Well Jaquo, you WOULD ask. :wink:

For some of us, when it rained, it poured. And then there are monsoons!

Fibroids are way beyond the scope of anything that Procter and Gamble had dreamed up. Horrible. And horribly embarrassing. This is why the odd facecloth gets donated to the cause.

My sister taught me that cold water works best, with a dash of Tide.

4 Likes

We have pads and tampoons and no one has used one at all in over a year but it is good to have them around.

5 Likes

We have a drawer in the bathroom with pads, tampons, tissues, a toothbrush, toothpaste, disposable razor and comb for guests in need. We started it when my husband flew to another city on a day trip and his return flight was cancelled so he was forced to stay the night at an Airbnb without his toothbrush etc. We decided to be prepared for such a guest if we had one (which we haven’t had yet).

4 Likes

I have all that and if they take it with them unused, I replace. Its really no big deal. I also have small scented sanitary bags and ask them to use those when disposing of used hygiene items. I do not want period stains on anything

2 Likes

I have a basket under the sink with bandaids, peroxide, aspirin, pads and tampons.

3 Likes

Yes - pads, panty liners, tampons! For everyone I have q-tips (my #1 item I need and forget, realizing only right after I get out of a shower and cannot do anything about it). I also have single use dental floss. Not everyone flosses daily so it’s not often packed but it stinks when you eat something that gets caught in your teeth and you can’t get it out.

1 Like

Ice usually works well to remove blood. Just cover the stain with ice cubes and let them melt.

1 Like