Don't forget the feminine hygiene products

Plackers are very popular. I buy them in bulk at the Dollar store (about 60 for $1), then repackage them in packs of 8-10 in small ziploc-type bags ($7 for 300 of them), and put a little sticker on the top and fold it over as a seal. I leave out one bag per bathroom per stay.

1 Like

I do not have pads/tampons and never thought to put them in there, but will now. Otherwise I would say we are well stocked and the number one item that people use is Q-tips!!! Never fails to amaze me how many get used…so if you don’t have some put some in and watch them gooooo. In my basket I have toothbrush (single use) toothpaste, mouthwash (single use), various shampoos and conditioners, contact lens solution, razor blade, deodorant.

That sounds useful! But it’s not anything I know much about. Is it a one-type fits most kind of thing? What type do you recommend? I wouldn’t know where to start.

I’ve had the supplied pads and tampons used occasionally, but no one’s touched the condoms. I agree the Q-tips are a big hit. Also the medium-sized bottle of mouthwash, that I seem to be refilling constantly.

2 Likes

That’s the kind of thing that shows guests aren’t as squeamish about some things as we imagine they will be. I supply a small container of toothpaste gel. It’s not in a tube. I selected it because I couldn’t stomach buying the single use or the travel size tubes and this seemed more sanitary to me. It’s been used but it’s also lasted a long time.

1 Like

Oooh, contact lens solution! That’s a good one. Probably rarely used, but when it is, I’m sure it’s a godsend!

Any saline solution will do…there are several kinds and it’s the same as the tears in your eyes. Not to be confused with the cleaning solutions – there are several methods for that but in a pinch, you can always just put your contacts in the saline solution until you get to the store.

2 Likes

We placed a toiletries bag (nice Ester Lauder gift bag) with feminine products, bobby-pins etc in the bathroom. Guess the bag was just too tempting as the last guest nicked it with all its contents except the bobby-pins. She had short hair so she probably didn’t need them. I shouldn’t complain; it’s the first item to be stolen in 3 years so I guess we’ve been lucky. We’ve since replaced the Estée Lauder bag with a Clinique bag. On the lid, in bold black marking pen is “Property of (our Airbnb name)”. On the inside is written Take only what you need. Not the bag”. Hopefully that’s enough to deter future toiletry bag thieves.

4 Likes

I’ve always supplied a couple of super wing tip pads in the vanity when hosting females. A couple extra in with the first aid.

I’m not providing a sanitary boutique, but Airbnb essentials.
No tampons or liners: just thin, functional “supers”. If someone ( any age) is caught by surprise, the “super thins” are better than regular for your bedding. Plus, the guest can get to a shop soon after for their own choice.

1 Like

Really love this idea, thanks.

1 Like

Old post but worth it to keep going… I have pads in the medicine cabinets and they are rarely used, however I did notice that the stack in the locked closet is slowly getting smaller… I am assuming that one of the cleaning crew is taking them. I will put more in closet as needed, IDC where they are going if someone needs them or cannot afford them I am not going to sweat it. I pay the main housekeeper a fair wage, not sure what she is paying her helpers though.

RR

3 Likes

Your face when you review your CCTV footage and hear your guest bragging about your amenities, “even the little lady hygeine!”

2 Likes

Good attitude mate.

JF

1 Like

i have pads and tampons in the bathrooms and most of the time, they are being used!

some footage from my CCTV cameras that describe the feminine hygiene product that I provide.

3 Likes