COVOID-19 Booking Madness

:blush: Aw! Thanks!

But Damn, For a moderator I was expecting “Toughlove on this forum:wink:

2 Likes

@Bunny Really, the guest should make a decision one way or the other. You say she has until the 20th, which is still another 8 days- it’s not fair for her to just keep you in limbo until such time as she decides. And holding the dates for her if she goes ahead and cancels, in case she decides she still wants to come, doesn’t make much sense. If you’re going to do that, then she may as well not cancel and just keep you in limbo- the result is the same- you can’t take any other bookings for those dates.
Why not just let the guest deal with this? It’s her who needs to be contacting Airbnb, not the host. They will either give her a full refund or not. If she cancels after the 20th and doesn’t get a full refund, you can always opt to send her the rest. And as far as Airbnb fees, that’s between the guest and Airbnb- nothing you can do about it one way or the other.

Ha, I’m not impressed by your “for a moderator crap.”

You are clearly a superior human and if anyone wants to meet me outside to dispute that, see ya soon!

1 Like

I’m not a high tourist destination and again… Washington state with 100 new KNOWN cases of CV19 in the last 24hrs. Seriously doubt there are others chomping at the bit to rent my place esp. since the state is basically shutting down all tourist activities.

My rental is just for something to do with the house. I can rent it or let it stand vacant (use only for friends & family) so I’m very flexible with guests. Currently I’m closed. Her reservation is the first of my season that only lasts for 5 months out of the year.

2 Likes

I see. And can relate. I’d also be letting guests cancel with full refund if I get any of those cancellations. I just let a private room in my home which sat mostly empty for much of the year unless family and friends came to visit. Airbnbing it for the past 3 years has been great, but it’s not $ I depend on.
But still, there’s not much you can do for this guest- if she wants to cancel, she’ll have to do that on her own, it’s not something you can do for her.

Yes, air will refund all their fees if you authorize a full refund. You can just message the guest saying that you authorize the full refund and tell them CS at air can view their message. Give them the 855 number and have them wait on hold. Sometimes it takes a few calls to get through but eventually everyone I’ve had call does get through. Then they may call you for verification.

2 Likes

My second cancellation just came in due to an event cancellation. Only 5 left on my calendar until the end of April. My expectation is that 2 or 3 more will cancel.

Despite having positive test cases in town, I still haven’t received any cancellations. I have two guests arriving today for a 13 day stay which is nice - I might up my minimum days so I have as few different guests as possible to reduce my potential exposure.

Do you know what brings them to your area?

Yes, they have been booked for a while. Not self-quarantiners :mask: :face_with_thermometer: :sneezing_face:

I was just wondering why someone somewhere for 13 days if it’s not a vacation area.

PM’d you…

Almost all of my guests have canceled. I am not going to take any new bookings until things improve. It’s too difficult with the cancellations. I have to do quite a bit of paperwork just to get a single group setup. My city has a lot of regulations. I don’t want to do it all again just to end with everything canceled. It’s not a good use of my time. I have a job and I am busy. I will go use my house for a month and get away from this godforsaken city. I have a bunch of yardwork I would like to accomplish. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here yesterday, gone today. @muddy @RebeccaF

https://qz.com/1818227/the-who-says-that-dogs-cats-and-other-pets-can-get-coronavirus/?utm_source=YPL&yptr=yahoo

It’s funny because this is in line with what I had heard or read elsewhere days ago. I guess even the WHO isn’t up on everything.

2 Likes

Looks like they have changed it since yesterday. Now it says:

Can I catch COVID-19 from my pet?

While there has been one instance of a dog being infected in Hong Kong, to date, there is no evidence that a dog, cat or any pet can transmit COVID-19. COVID-19 is mainly spread through droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or speaks. To protect yourself, clean your hands frequently and thoroughly.

WHO continues to monitor the latest research on this and other COVID-19 topics and will update as new findings are available.

It’s amazing how much we don’t know about this virus.

That can wait…

RR

1 Like

Well, I’m not much concerned with catching the virus from my dog. She barely leaves the yard.

I’m now up over 20 cancellations, only now, new people aren’t taking their places. Our place is one of the cheapest for the price.

I wonder if I should raise my prices by 20% and focus on just a few guests since volume is probably no longer feasible.

Just got another cancellation. This one was still eligible for free cancellation because it was 14 days before check-in and I have Flexible cancellation policy. Only 4 left now.

One more guest told me she would cancel if the event she was attending was cancelled. I found an article saying it was postponed until the Fall and I sent her the link 30 min ago. I expect to wake up in the morning to her cancellation notification.

2 Likes

My April is tanked. I had full month rentals by Canadian snowbird/golfers for both condos. I asked them to go through Airbnb to make sure they received a full refund of all Airbnb fees in addition to rental & taxes.

I saw an earlier posting where someone stated if the host approved a full refund Airbnb would refund fees. That doesn’t match my prior experience BUT the cancellation policies & processes are changing so I am uncomfortable advising the guests.

I am hopeful that long weekends will book by people within driving distance who if they need/want to isolate they would rather do it where they can take a walk on an uncrowded beach.

1 Like