Bluetooth Speaker or sound bar, do you provide

Do any of you fellow hosts provided your listing with Bluetooth speakers for the guests enjoyment and do they appreciate it ?

I personally would not provide it in fear that it would be too loud and neighbors would complain.

I have a portable Bluetooth speaker inside my guest house and an outdoor one for use by the pool

Guests do appreciate them both, however I have noticed more and more guests bringing their own.

1 Like

Yes, I have a portable Bluetooth speaker too in one apartment. And unlike HH_AZ’s guests, ours hardly ever use it!

I agree with @Ritz3 on this one. Certainly for our place.

1 Like

Yeah, we provide them. I don’t think they get used much. Most folks seem to travel with their own.

I have a sound bar on the TV in the living room and the master bedroom (of my now unlisted listing). Both soundbars have a Bluetooth speaker function. I’m not sure there’s any way to tell how much they were ever used, but I know two groups of guests used the one on the living room. The reason I know is that one group asked me how use it and the other group was using it when I went over to put a new bottle on the water cooler.

@HH_AZ and @JJD - We have one and got another one gifted to us by a guest. They said to keep to rather than mail it back. Okay!

Yes, we do provide a wireless Bluetooth speaker and guests love it. I’ve yet to find one in any Airbnb I’ve stayed in. We have a mesh network and can see how many devices are using our network and the names of the devices, so we can see when it’s activated. Every guest uses it.

I’m not technically savvy and wanted something super easy to use. I chose the following:

1 Like

We had a nice vintage set up that fit perfectly into a shelf, with real speakers and bluetooth. But it broke, so we took it out. It seems guests do bring their own if its important to them!

:rofl: Hubby handles setup of all of the technology and monitors it. I make sure I can easily use it.

2 Likes

I have both and I don’t think people could figure out the sound bar without some very detailed instructions. I know I personally wouldn’t bother figuring out someone else’s sound bar. I can barely bother with my own and my bf hasn’t even figured it out and we’ve had it for many years. People do okay with the speaker, and the instructions were simple to copy and paste from the online manual.

I had cheap but surprisingly good sounding bookshelf type speakers with a 3.5mm jack connected to the tv. Routinely guests unplugged them from TV and I guess used them with music apps.

I think guests bring their own portable speakers to take to pool or beach so When the Bookshelf speakers died, I didn’t replace them with Bluetooth or wired speakers.

Btw- I travel with a rechargeable small speaker.