Best sheets that resist hair clinging and stains

I’ve only had one that was that bad and the guest did rinse them and did tell me about them. It was actually her 13 year old daughter and the girl was sooooo embarassed, I felt really bad for her.

I thought I was the queen of the bodily fluids. :slight_smile: (Although there are better titles, I guess).

With two apartments, each with a queen bed, we host almost exclusively couples. I prefer gay blokes, needless to say, and post-menopausal lesbians but even they aren’t immune to the scratches and mosquito bites and other nicks and bumps that people are prone to - and make them leak blood.

Lube stains is what prompted me to move away from microfiber!

RR

1 Like

Me 2

RR

1 Like

Huh. I guess they are easier on your linens then they are on mine. The only towels I’ve ever just bagged up and thrown out. :poop:

We don’t use a specific type of sheet. I have different colors/prints and use them based on the composition of the guests. We have fun sheets for kids (boys and girls), dark and light colors, and patterns. We take extra effort to tailor our house for each reservation. Using different prints/colors is not only fun, but helps with stain management. The kids sheets/colors tend to show less dirt/stains.

An example is Pirate Fest Weekend. We usually have kids as guests that weekend and use our Pirate themed sheets, kids towels etc. We also have a large collection of pirate costumes/accessories we have collected and leave them out for our guests to be able to dress up! They love it!

We tell guests to NOT strip beds as it is easier to identify stains and sort colors/loads. This also prevents sheets/comforters from being rolled into balls and thrown/dragged on floors adding extra dirt.

Our guests comply 99% of the time. If they strip the beds, we take extra time to check linens, as it is sometimes an indication of hiding stains.

We find a few hairs here and there, but we also lint roll everything when making our beds. Sometimes we think there is no hair, but the lint roller will pick some up. It doesn’t add but a few minutes to bed making, but I don’t want guests finding hair in clean beds.

3 Likes

Which is exactly why I don’t like them. I don’t want anything hiding from me only to be found by a guest. I recently had a duvet that was peed on by a guest dog. It had already dried when I went to change the room over. I didn’t see/realize until I took the duvet cover off to wash it and saw I’d be washing the duvet insert as well. Luckily all the pee was on that top layer.

That said, the tailoring, especially themes for kids sounds great and like you have found a really cool lane to occupy.

2 Likes

Thanks for your post. Especially about donating!

1 Like

I liked all the suggestions here. We have been lucky with sheets but have used OxyClean and on occasion meat tenderizer for blood (Make a paste and rub it in). Pillowcases are a much bigger issue with mascara and face creams and ointments ruining pillowcases. We buy double pillowcase for each set of sheets knowing that we’ll eventually lose some to untreatable issues.

More or less the same as RR. 100% cotton Threshold sheets from Target. Oxygen bleach. Lint roller, with my glasses on, but usually not needed anyway. We are at about 50 stays, haven’t thrown a sheet away yet.

1 Like

Also - I switched detergents. I’ve used all natural products from our co-op for 20 years… Tide never darkened our door (I’m from California, ok?) . We now use Tide Ultra Stain Release, rated #1 by NY Times Wirecutter and only available at Target. To my chagrin, it works a whole lot better than my graperfruit seed infused BioKleen. It is unscented, so I comfort myself with that.

Essential.

I can’t remember when I last did!

LOL. It’s okay, your secret is safe with us and the rest of the internet.

Me either and I’m at 800+ stays.

3 Likes

Lol. Us too. It really does work! I get it at various supermarkets and drugstores though, so I don’t think it’s only available at Target everywhere.

We use dark colored sheets and have had 1 comment (and zero complaints) in over 150 reservations. We run 2 - 4 Airbnb houses at a time with 2 - 7 beds in them.

We started with white and lighter sheets our first month or so and we experienced all of issues mentioned in this thread so we moved to inexpensive Amazon Basics for all of our sheets $20 - $30/set.

Plum for King beds, Burgundy for queen beds, Dark Green for Full beds and Olive Green for Twins. The system works great, our cleaners can quickly eyeball the correct sheets for each bed and the bonus is…the tag for the fitted sheet always goes in the left footer position.

We have only thrown out 1 set of sheets since switching over to the colors.

Rick

4 Likes

Thank you for weighing in Rick

I had gorgeous aqua sheets from Ikea. First visit from a friend - toothpaste bleached out spots.

All white now. Love your color coordination and placement of the tag. Makes life so easy!

Huh. Good to know to add to the list. I got bleach spots and wondered with the older guests with no acne where they were coming from.

1 Like

I only use high quality color sheets. Just started with flannels for the season and the last guest commented on how cosy they were.

My last Air for three years, I had 2 sets of cotton, 2 flannel, 2 sets of bath towels (bath, hand, cloth) and they lasted for the whole 3 years. When I moved I took all those for me and started with a new round for my present rental.

The new flannels do like to shed for several uses so I have to run a brush over them to get rid of it.

Recently stayed in an Air with what I think were micro fiber sheets, never saw those before and the damn odor from the dryer sheets. In my review I privately told the host that the chemical smell from them was not something we liked.
Everything else was fine, but wouldn’t stay again because of those things.

3 Likes