Best sheets that resist hair clinging and stains

They also shed microplastics into the water supply, fwiw.

1 Like

Good to know Muddy. Down with microfiber

Grace hosts are giving sound advice here, I can only add a few words of experience; 1) before you strip the beds identify the stains and put in a safety pin as once the beds are stripped this will allow you to easily spot them and treat them before washing 2) sadly you will need to learn how to treat different stains with different treatments. There is lots of advice on this subject on this site.

2 Likes

I use spray and wash as I strip the beds and treat in place, same with tablecloth it’s all going to the wash right then.

RR

4 Likes

I do the same as RR. It’s always done in the first few minutes when I go in to do the turnover. I’m currently using an Oxyclean one though - it’s a roll-on and not a spray. It’s working well so far. It’s doing a good job on mascara on pillowcases too - but bear in mind that I always wash on cold. Heat is like a fixative and sets in the stain.

2 Likes

You mean you can wash in HOT? I never knew… In all my years doing laundry I have always used cold water.

RR

2 Likes

We do some treating in place but for a lot of stains it’s easier to take it to the basement where we have big laundry tables and can scrub and make a mess. I recommend the blue painter’s tape as it doesn’t leave holes like pins will.

3 Likes

I couldn’t get that tape to stick on the lube stains. :wink:

3 Likes

LOL.

My husband cuts little “arrows” and sticks it next to the stain, pointing towards it.

Hope you’re wearing gloves!

2 Likes

LOL. No. But completely seriously I’ve only had to deal with what I guess were sex stains about 5 times! Gosh, that seems impossible. But it’s so few times I can only remember 2 or 3 clearly.

1 Like

LOL. We’ve dealt with that many in the last 2 weeks! About 2/3 of the time. Even with couples who sleep in separate beds. They’ll stain both beds most of the time :woman_facepalming:

It’s an easy to remove stain at least! Oh, enzyme cleaner, I do depend on you :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Blue painter’s tape sounds like a great suggestion.

We just ended up with the first ever blood stains on bed sheets. Virgil, the miracle stain worker, got them out.

1 Like

I wish we had a :grinning: to check, not just a :heart:.

1 Like

Seriously? Why do my guests ooze more bodily fluids than everyone elses? It seems like there’s always a little blood on the sheets. I can tell the difference between “dad shaved before going to bed”, “daughter shaved before going to bed”, “started the period”, “thought the period was over but was wrong” and “on the period but feeling sexy”. :laughing:

I’m not familiar with this one. We use Bac-Out by Biokleen. All blood turns bright red and then disappears in front of your eyes. It’s amazing. Blood is the easiest to get out once you have the right product. I’m guessing that Virgil is also an enzyme cleaner?

2 Likes

I’m guessing Virgil is the SO/spouse/laundry wizard.

5 Likes

Virgil is my husband!

And, yes, I think we’ve been lucky about no blood. We’re well over 300 guests so far. We did have a guest who vomited wine on the bed. Virgil, the miracle stain worker, also got that out.

2 Likes

And, ding-ding-ding, you’ve won!

4 Likes

That’s awesome!! My husband does all of the bed stuff and is in charge of linens but I’m the miracle stain worker here so that’s why he marks them with the tape and leaves them on the laundry tables for me!

If Virgil ever gets stumped, let me know, I really think I’ve conquered all by now ,) And vice-versa, I hope that Virgil can help if I get stumped.

1 Like

Excellent.

Criss-cross.

1 Like

Three guest booking, all young women who were obviously in “sync”. All three queen beds looks like an episode from Dexter and no mention from them at all.
I have always removed the sheets and rinsed in cold water- even in hotels.
Once got a bag full of hotel amenities left by a grateful house maid!

1 Like