Be a showoff! Let us see your listing

It’s the kind of thing that an OCD-ish person like myself notices. If I were staying at your listing I wouldn’t mark down stars or give a bad review but I’d notice. I suppose it’s like an inside out pillowcase. It makes absolutely no difference one way or the other, there’s just the way it should be and then there’s the other way. No big deal, forget I said anything.

1 Like

here’s mine. Very happy to hear any feedback. AirBnB tell me the photos are too dark, but the guests seem to like it.

3 Likes

I can’t see much of the rooms as there is so much text it covers 30-50%of the pictures. People also don’t like to read lots of lines, maybe consider cutting it down to just a couple of lines.

Very cool. It’s not my taste but I can imagine you being booked all the time. I bet your part of the home is fabulous.

1 Like

So many fantastic places, not good for me, getting Instant Travel Itch. Must take time to study some of the listings here.

My contribution, west coast Norway. Two listings, same house, one for one-two guests and one for larger groups. Not happy with all of the photos (and probably too many), particularly from bathroom and kitchen. Well, always something to work on, forever editing.

2 Likes

Your listings made me smile. My mother in law is from that part of Norway and her name is Liv as well :heart:️ Such a pretty area!

thank you ! I will take a look.

you can learn instagram quickly. It is all about the photos. Right up your alley.
I will miss seeing you in November. Enjoy the self check in .

2 Likes

What a splendid coincidence!

1 Like

Thank you for the helpful feedback. I’ve made some adjustments.

1 Like

Right on top of your listings, next to those symbols, it states that you have zero beds. You might want to correct that.

3 Likes

I’ve only just launched - first customers - via Airbnb - arrive next week. If you have the time and could check out the listing I would HUGELY appreciate any comments or suggestions - I really want to get this right. Thanks!

5 Likes

Looks nice, but far too many photos, lose the food pics unless you are supplying it, too many of the same thing

1 Like

Thanks Debs. I had the sneaking suspicion this might be the case - will get onto it.

It’s a fine looking place. Do you have cameras outside? Even though you say no parties such a place is perfect for a party so you might want to consider cameras to monitor traffic in and out.

1 Like

Looks amazing. I’d stay there. Out of curiosity, what is the hottest the weather could ever be there? I’m always looking for places to get out of heat and humidity here.

I would be very clear that the bikes you show are not part of the listing. Maybe show a photo of the bike hire place instead. People don’t read details.

What is the likelyhood that people will see the squirrels and birds? If it’s close too 100%, then carry on. If not, maybe change the wording to “could see” or “might see.”

Take the photo of the food off. Some dum-dums who don’t read will think it’s included. You could have a photo of the farm store instead.

Basically, don’t have photos of things that won’t be there when guests are.

Pets:
I think you need to tighten this up a bit. Ask people to have a conversation with you first before booking with pets, so you know what kind of dogs are coming. You could make people with pets agree explicitly with the special pet rules.

1 Like

Thanks K9 - I haven’t currently got cameras. The neighbouring properties are owner occupied most of the time and I figured that the price point (near to the top of the local offerings) would discourage party animals. I’m now concerned! I’ll give it more thought, thank you.

Thank you GardenGnome - that’s high praise! I’m laughing because in Scotland that question doesn’t often get asked! For the record, this summer was the hottest it has been in my 22 years living in Scotland, and I think on three days over the summer Aviemore hit a shade over 30degrees C. Most of the time summer hovers around the 15-22 degrees C mark.

I am having to - quite rightly - adjust my instinctive assumption that of course everyone books like me and goes through everything with a fine-toothed comb. I’ll take the pics of the food away, and look to making it clear that bikes aren’t included, but both red squirrels and woodpeckers are - inasmuch as Nature ever can be - 100%. Every day I’ve spent there (probably some 60+ days by now), I’ve had multiple sightings of both.

How do I get the conversation about pets going without compromising instant booking? I would LOVE to tighten things up but haven’t found any way of doing so - am I looking in the wrong place?

Massive thanks for your constructive comments - this is a lovely forum!

1 Like

I would love any comments and constructive criticism from all you wonderful hosts. I just started hosting this past summer and have had a lovely time doing so. I am doing all the work (cleaning and laundry mostly) now by myself and I am overwhelmed by how much work it is. But so far, knock wood the money has been worth it. Thanks in advance from Cleveland, Ohio!

5 Likes