Be a showoff! Let us see your listing

Absolutely. I won’t book a place with no bathroom photos. Granted, unlike your listings I’m not there for a romantic weekend of “sex in the spa.” I’m traveling alone or with a platonic friend. I’m there to sleep and xxxx. What I don’t need are close up photos of the fruit and bubbly as if I’m sitting on the floor.

1 Like

I wan’t saying that you don’t need any bathroom photos. I have one of the vanity (which is beautiful and very on trend) rather than a photo with the toilet in it as you can see from that pic that the rest of the bathroom will be lovely. I was asking it as a question to be consiered; is it necessary or is there a better way to photograph it?

I agree with you on the photos that highlight a vase of flowers or something similar. I think those items are used to dress the room and aren’t worthy of their own pic. However, when I said that to an owner she said she liked those types of photos as they gave her a sense of what else she would find and I thought that that was a valid comment.

@best_airbnb -
We think our location is pretty special:
Private villa overlooking the Piton mountains and the Caribbean

4 Likes

That is very special. Do you guys have an Instagram presence?

Wow, absolutely beautiful, makes you want to come and stay.
You also have what in Australia we call a spa, I have been having the conversation on another thread about what the difference is between a spa and a hot tub and I would call yours a spa.

No, not yet. We’ve been very successful with VRBO and AirBnB in booking our place. We just haven’t had the time to expand out on other social media platforms (my husband and I have full-time jobs in addition to managing the villa). We do have a FB page, but aren’t very active on that, yet, either. We don’t generate leads from it except from local St Lucians, and they never book once they find out our price!

I suppose Instagram should be the next place we expand into.

thanks for the feedback will take a look

Your bath inside looks tiny. Is it or does just the photo make it look like that?

Oh a spa for me needs a sauna at least! I guess it might be due to different cultures.

@Maria_Flygare - which picture? We have three bathrooms, none of them are tiny. The bath tub is a Jacuzzi brand andvis 5-6 feet ling(I haven’t checked recently).
I know the bath pictures (and some others) aren’t the best. I told my DH last week that I am going to spend half of our next vacation there just taking pictures.

Definitely different cultures! My husband is Swedish-American but has lots of relatives there and has lived there, etc. I get your need for a sauna! :-).

The one where you see parts of the tub. To me a tub where one or preferable two people can lay down together is nice. Yours looks like a ”sitting” type, which I calls a small one. But maybe it is just the picture?

@Maria_Flygare - I guess this is another cultural difference. In the United States, a standard bathtub is about 26 inches wide by around 50 inches long (inside dimensions). Most adults will not be able to lay down in the bathtub, and there isn’t room for two people.

That one is considered large - it’s nearly 5 feet long and around 32 inches wide, and a lot deeper than most standard bathtubs. It also has jets. But you still can’t lay down in it or get two people comfortably in there side-by-side. Most people don’t use it, which is a bit of a relief for us - our water supply is rainwater, and we can go a month sometimes without any rain.

It’s rather funny, now that you mention this. Considering that most homes are very large in the United States, our bathtubs are pretty small.

Hello! This is my first time posting. Here are our southern California rentals in Joshua Tree & Lake Arrowhead. Any feedback is welcome.

Brent

3 Likes

And …so many toilets are even smaller …:see_no_evil:

Brent, love the tiny cabin!

1 Like

I hope I can get some feedback. Somehow, I was completely off the radar since the end of Aug, and that’s not logical for Orlando. (Everyone comes to Mickeyville! :slight_smile: ) Finally had some inquiries and 3 bookings all in one day. And now back to crickets… I’m just west of the center of the map for an Orlando search, but that’s not been a concern all year. Did something change? I’m still a SuperHost, so what’s missing? Thx in advance! Send your friends and family… Friends Don’t Make Friends stay in hotels. :slight_smile:
This should be my link to both private Guest Suites…

1 Like

Beautiful places, but why is every caption a review? When I’m looking for a place to stay I want a description of the photo, describing what I’m looking at. I’ll read the reviews in the review section. JMO

@Carl_P do those refrigerator doors reverse? On most units like that you can easily move the hinges so the doors will open towards the kitchen instead of towards the living area. Yes it’s a minor thing but on OTOH, it only takes a few minutes to fix it.

I suppose they would reverse, but why bother? Nobody has complained yet about them opening the way they do. Not even sure anyone will care one way or another.