AirBnB Plus? Anyone know how the process works?

Haha!!! Five stars all the way, babyyyyyyy!!! :rofl::grinning::wink:

Ok maybe not. :neutral_face:

1 Like

They are adding the ā€œBeyond Airbnbā€ luxury tier later this year

1 Like

Oh! Here we goā€¦ ā€œFasten your seatbeltsā€¦itā€™s going to be a bumpy night!ā€

I just read all bizillion Airbnb plus rules. Iā€™m definitely out thanks to PALMETTO bugs!!! There is no way to keep them from flying or wandering into my first floor, no steps, on a concrete slab condo. In coastal SC there will be bugs.

At some point I started skimming the rules. Is there a ā€œquiet nightsā€ requirement ? If so, really forget it for me. The singing tree frogs at night just totally eliminated me from being considered.

5 Likes

You have to coqui frogs there?
Anyone in the tropics will have to opt out then. Such a shame. Not.

I donā€™t think there is a quiet nights requirementā€¦Annet is asking if there is one. However there is a bug free requirement. My CR rental was absolutely a plus level placeā€¦also with plenty of bugs.

How can anyone in the tropics guarantee no bugs. Do geckos count?
Seems they want this to be a sterile space experience.

@KKC
@konacoconutz

Iā€™ve got racerunner lizards hanging around my patio. Maybe I can train them to guard the patio doors to snack on palmetto bugs thus keeping my place bug free!!

The comment about the tree frogs singing was kind of a joke. Like the Coqui they are incredibly loud. Frog cousins, I think. They could help with the palmetto bug-lets (kinda like pig-let) but everyone would be deafened by the noise (or need ear plugs 24/7)

Also I know I will never be an Airbnb plus because my guests agree to do their own exit cleaning. (Here we go!)

2 Likes

These pictures were all the go about 50 years ago in Ireland, they glowed in the dark just to frightening the life of you as a child. Am sure older generations would still have them. My next door neighbour had them and I had to fed their dogs while away and I swear the eyes were following me. I wonder could this art reflect me as a host ???

Itā€™s a nice money earner for AIRBNB, I got the photographer for free before. I have everything except filtered water but does it mean guests should expect to pay twice or three times the amount for the room as its part of the airbnb plus ? I reckon most people like to get a bargain, well the ones that stay with me do.

Airbnb has already pocketed over $1.2 million on Airbnb Plus applications

b

2 Likes

Wow!!! Itā€™s a good little money spinner then eh

1 Like

I filled out the survey they sent me because I thought it would help my placement but I had no idea there was a $149 fee. They better not take it out of my account, I didnā€™t even know what this was and I donā€™t want the more demanding guests.

When was this?..

10 days ago ā€“ I donā€™t think I responded to an AIR email, I think I was on the site dealing with reservations and it popped up and I clicked it. It was just a check list that took around 3 min to fill out. I did get an email afterwards saying they were reviewing lots of applications and it would be awhile before I heard back from them. If this requires an inspection, I suppose thatā€™s when theyā€™re going to ask for the fee at which point, I think many of the smaller operators will say forget it.

Every commercial AIR in my hood (and many well-reviewed private owners) will surely sign up for this and since there are hundreds in my area it wonā€™t do anything to raise the profile of my listing.

Yes, Chesky tweeted a few days ago that they already had 9000 applications in the 13 available markets. Iā€™d assumed that was fee payers but if they are counting pop-up clickers too thatā€™s a different matter.

Yes, and at no point in the process (including in the automated follow-up email) did I see anything about a $149 application program fee or I would have immediately closed it!

1 Like

Does anyone think this is worthwhile?

I think thereā€™s a gap here in providing a Plus property without the liability coverage and regulatory requirements of a nice hotel or commercial B&B, e.g. fire inspection, food prep license, etc. Air leveraged an unregulated environment and host/guest risk exposure to provide a (generally lower priced) alternative to commercial operations. Iā€™m not sure how Air plus and Air lux are going to be competitive with resort and conference lodging. Maybe if they have these hosts bundle those Air Experiences guests will think they are getting something special or genuine. I work for US federal govt, and for our business travel, we can use Uber because itā€™s got sufficient liability coverage, but not Air. Thatā€™s a big business market here. I wonder how AirDNA will incorporate plus and lux in its rankings? I do pretty well there and it would be a bummer if I lost ranking.

I was just doing a real search for a whole house 5 people rental in Chicago mid July. On the first page there were 2 plus listing ranked 9 and 14. They werenā€™t necessarily the nicest or the best for my taste; they were two of the most expensive but not outrageously so. I figure they just bumped up the price a little after the program launched.

I donā€™t think it will hurt you. I think the average Airbnb is of such mediocre quality that they needed a way to categorize ones that are verified as meeting a certain standard so we can speed up our search.

2 Likes

The TV thing is an ongoing project here. Cable is going to run me about $100/mo plus tax, and they require a 1-2 year commitment, so thatā€™s a $1200 investment up front.

Our friends at Netflix insist that a savvy guest can literally take over the account. I checked with Air, and they recommended a Firestick, but basically itā€™s the same as a Roku, and inevitably hackable.

In 54 trips I have only had one guest ask for cable. The rest stream their own movies.

In other words, how important is it?