Account Disabled, Please Help

I would make sure your boss is the one who signs off on the Security Deposit, do not make it your call.

1 Like

You cannot open two accounts sorry. That is against our guidelines. Also, it’s not really appreciated for you to use us for all of our advice and then “I’m not going to post here again anyway.”

Your second account has been disabled. Your first account is still active. Regular users on the site understand that first timers reach a limit of responses on the first day.

1 Like

Of course you can change your payment details

Not at all the same as breaking their rules by setting up a second account in the same name.

Do go back and have a good read through Airbnb Help Centre lots has changed since you last hosted.

1 Like

If she uses her boss’s name and bank account I’m not sure why they should flag her. I plead complete ignorance regarding opening two Airbnb accounts. I’ve never heard of anyone doing it, let alone getting shut down for it. There may be no way around it, since they refuse to talk about it.

But maybe it is a blessing in disguise. There are other ways to market something this high end. I’d be using a traditional property manager who is a licensed real estate agent.

1 Like

I agree I don’t think Airbnb is the way to go with a property like this. I too would be using a professional property manager if I owned something like this. (I think she is a he)

1 Like

Apologies to the OP, cannot tell from the name what the gender is!

Who? The person posting/property manager? They are female presenting in the VRBO photo.

1 Like

Sorry didn’t see the VRBO photo. Apologies my sexist brain in action. Mentioned s/he had a girlfriend and I wrong assumed she was a he.

2 Likes

heteronormative brain I think, not sexist. The struggle is real, as the kids say.

4 Likes

OK, but the question is if you can add a payment method that sends the money to an entirely different person?

OK, but how does AirBnB know if you’ve made two accounts? There are more people called e.a. John Smith.
Did @bri_joy register two accounts with the same phone number / email? If this was the problem, why did AirBnB allow to register the two accounts in the first place? The standard is to show a message: “You already have an account registered with this phone number / email.” Or did she use the exact same profile photo? IP-address?
To be honest, it’s been a long time since we’ve put up our accounts and I don’t remember all the requirements, but in any case the solution seems to be to just set up a new account with another email / phone number / picture / etc. …

Thanks for the straightforward tip. I just had a look, and truth be told, I will read through all of it… another day. Yes, you will now tell me that this is my job as a host to read through all of the small print. :sweat_smile:

This is the million dollar question. It can’t be the IP address. I change between my and my hubby’s account the whole time on the same computer, and also in different places in the world. Has never caused any trouble.
Could it be that the boss already had an account with the same bank information? @bri_joy? Although this wouldn’t explain why her own personal account got blocked.

1 Like

@GutHend

1. I don’t know if it’s not on the Help Centre give them a call

2. I don’t know you would have to ask them logically from what the OP said phone number, email and name would have done it

3. I didn’t suggest you read it all in one go. I regularly read it to keep myself up to date as things change frequently. I won’t tell you anything I am sure you know it all :smile:

1 Like

She might have used the same email for both accounts or something. That really should not be enough of an infraction to get them shut down.

However, It’s possible we are not hearing everything. OP, are you sure you didn’t do something else to violate the TOS??

2 Likes

I couldn’t respond earlier as you all know. First, I’m extremely sorry that you interpreted my comment above negatively. I simply meant that I of course wouldn’t use this site again because I am not an Airbnb host. I would not be comfortable with taking advantage of the continuous generosity of these hosts, only to take their suggestions into their competing platforms to benefit me there. At this point, I would only use this site for further help if I was approved as a host. I know now that I will not be approved, as I have received multiple confirmations of that fact. I have expressed my appreciation multiple times for everyone’s advice/ suggestions.

@GutHend Yes, that is the only issue that I can think of, and I didn’t use the same email twice, I only used the same phone number twice. On my personal account, I used my personal email, on my bosses account, I used my work email. On both accounts, I created the account with the same IP address. I believe they do keep track of this because many websites will send you updates saying “someone logged into your account using a different ip address” etc etc. for security purposes. You can also view your log in history, which I believe lists the IP address, but don’t quote me on that.

For all other gender/ s. orientation concerns, yes, I am a female and I do have a girlfriend.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. You can still use the site, even if you are not technically a host. We aren’t hardline about that. We have lots of members here who use other platforms or are somehow involved in the business. Or even not. Just as long as you have something meaningful to contribute and can help other hosts!

I hope it works out for you in some way. If not maybe something better or more suitable for your situation will come along. Airbnb is not always everything it’s cracked up to be…

1 Like

Thank you. If my continued use of the site is allowed, then I may definitely take advantage of this in the future. I appreciate everyone’s help.

Best,

Bri Joy

2 Likes

My husband and I did something similar, didn’t have any trouble. I was the first one to set up an account on airbnb as host. My husband set up an account just as guest. After about one year, I have 2 properties listed under my account, we decided have my husband start to be host. He used his account, first tried to change the phone number to our number ( we have 1 number to use for both of us for business). The airbnb website won’t allow it, came back with a message says that the number is already in use. So he had to still use his own number. About the bank accounts, we set up each listing goes to it’s own bank account. They are all business name on the bank account. Nothing matches our personal names. set up like this.

1 Like

Unfortunately I had my phone number and name linked to my personal account and my phone number and name linked to my bosses account. The money portion was filled out properly and going to his account but it has been permanently shut down as consequence of my error.

No we are not set up that way. I asked him to have his attorney draft something, but he’s very busy and hasn’t been available. I took a look at the site and there are only 3 listings in Los Angeles and none are luxury vacation rentals. Have you had experience with this particular site, and if so, do they receive high end customers? Thank you for your suggestion.

"…we still needed to file monthly income reports, taking Airbnb as a legal deduction, "
I’m in LA, but I’ve never heard of this requirement.

Why are you waiting for your bosses lawyer to draft something? You should be paying your own lawyer to do this. Every day that goes past without a contract you are putting your income and business at risk.

You seem to be taking advantage of left, right and centre.