ABNB false discrimination accusation

And that is why the ABB system is flawed. @HH_AZ has a valid point, and it is regarding the handling of a discrimination claim.
The post was not a request to correct the review, or to teach @HH_AZ how to respond to this guest or future guests.
The Post was about how ABB reacted to and handled, a discrimination claim.
I would not have wanted to be @HH_AZ. It would be scary to know that they are both the judge and jury and held my financial future in their hands without any due process.
Yes, their rules and yes we sign off. We all do what the Gorilla says to do.
@HH_AZ I understand your point about discrimination complaints. I am glad it all turned out ok.

And this has been discussed multiple times about other issues too. People with disappearing listings, being suspended for not allowing service animals, being suspended for who knows what reason. A local host here was complaining that his listing was disappeared, Airbnb wouldn’t tell him why and he was asking if anyone knew why. We really do have to consider that any guest could get our account suspended by claiming we had a hidden camera, we sexually harrassed them, we discriminated against them, we stole from the guest, etc. It’s really our word against the guest in so many instances.

1 Like

Thank you! admittedly I might have written the review better, but YOU are one of the few who actually understand the point of the post.

1 Like

I don’t think the guests should have taken it upon themselves to wash the host’s property, especially when he asked them to put towels in the hamper.
Most b&bs have proper systems for laundry and this is commonly known, I don’t know what they were thinking. Yes don’t like people hand washing crockery and cutlery either, I think it’s unhygienic.

There’s another one for the rule book.

1 Like

For some people. I have reduced my rules not increased them but what works for me doesn’t work for all. And the whole towel issue is just a non-starter for me. This is a post about unfair Airbnb practices, not laundry. LOL.

Where does that rank compared to cat’s ass on kitchen counters? :rofl:

3 Likes

Lol. The scientific answer to that is the dishcloth in the kitchen has more bacteria than a bum hole and perhaps an ill washed plate. The cat’s bum hole does not go on my plates which have been sterilised in the dishwasher, so we are in danger of not getting enough immunity.

1 Like

My part of the house is seriously rife with germs and I haven’t been sick since I retired. (Even dog germs didn’t fortify me against snotty nosed kids)

Judging by his use of English in his review response above, he is not English and perhaps not English mother tongue. Just an observation from an English person …

I thought dog lick was meant to be anti bacterial? Mine always wants to kiss any cuts better.

Nope, absolutely not.

That’s a grim article!

As another English person, I agree, And as an English person who has travelled to foreign-speaking countries extensively- and lived away from the UK for many years, I’ve also found that many accents are regarded as ‘English’ but aren’t at all.

1 Like

My mum’s friend has a Labrador who looks like butter wouldn’t melt. They live in the New Forest (the one where King William was killed). The Labrador ran off and rolled in a bloated badger who had been dead for a while. She had to take the dog home in the car. Mine would roll in fox poo if I didn’t call her off. Dogs can be disgusting.

Yes they are pretty international institutions.

The problem with this fellow is that he is a hot shot who is used to being deferred to. It is so outside of his experience that anyone would think less of him than he thinks of himself that he just had a knee-jerk reaction. If anyone wants to judge his accent there are youtube videos of him speaking on his specialty: obesity.

Meanwhile @HH_AZ you should delete your post that includes the identifying information as this forum’s results show up in internet searches.

Ähm, pretty all those that have read a few threads on this forum know that their handling of discrimination claims is a bag of many unknowns and all it takes is ONE unhappy guest to bring down the wrath …

So, dear HH_AZ: your point is valid!

I still consider you very lucky and what probably saved your Airbnb future and income stream was that the discrimination claim was clearly retaliatory and I speculate, not mentioned in the ‘let Airbnb know any issues’ part of the reveiw.

This host wasn’t so lucky: Thrown off for absurd violation?

1 Like

Update from us. Reinstated after a year suspension. We updated our house rules to protect us more. No parties. 4 people. Can sleep here for a two bedroom. Can have 8 people here no more. etc etc. Any guest can fabricate lies and get you into deep problems. Take photos. Try to converse only on the extranet because whatsapp they dont really let you use that evidence as a host. A guest yes. Just remember we all running a buisness here. They sometimes dont understand it.

3 Likes