A Sad Day no mood to make fun of you all

Now her profile is under the name Lex.

She is calling the place a "modern business room in luxury apartment."
What amenities do you offer the businessman, Chen/Lex?? Are you sure that’s the target market?
4 beds plus cribs and god knows what else packed into one room does not sound like a business environment.

Chen/Lex, if you are reading,

STOP USING THE WORD LUXURY!!!

STOP IT!!! STOP NOW!!!

Your understanding of that word is not the same as most Westerners. It’s a nice apartment, but not lux.

If you sell your place as more than it is, you’re going to have problems. You want the guests to be pleasantly surprised, not disappointed.

Also, it looks like she added a photo of the dining area. Are they welcome to eat there, or do they have to pay more?

Maybe Chen/Lex should get her husband to write the Airbnb listing. Most Germans I’ve met speak excellent English. Her English is confusing and doesn’t lend credibility to the listing.

Finally, what in the world is a luxury mini-shower??? How can a mini shower be luxurious?

2 Likes

And many of us English speaking natives would glady help her write her listing description, and correct grammatical errors. She just needs to ask us to edit. I can bet if I attempted to write my listing in Spanish (on my own) - many of you would have a huge chuckle…ha!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Air uses Google translate to translate to the language you normally use or the country your IP address is in, regardless of what language the original text is written in. I typically see the ‘translate to english’ button pop up

1 Like

Definitely. As for this:

‘We provide each gues 1 cup , 1 glass, 1 wineglass 3 dishes,2 plastic cups per staying.’

That’s luxury? Also:

'The total appartment is 108 m2, 1 salon, 3 rooms, 2 wc, 1 room for washingmashine, 1 terrasse, 1 kitchen, 1 dinning corner,parking. ’

I’m assuming that’s not the rental as the rental is just one room. At first glance, it looks as though the guest is getting all the amenities listed there.

Look at the light fixture in the kitchen. Not luxury!!

Here is a picture of a luxury kitchen: (not mine, just I found online with a quick search.)

And here is a rather generic I looking luxury bathroom,

Very few people have luxury homes. I know I don’t. And there is nothing wrong with that. Just write the listing in a way that describes what the guests will actually get, not some magical fantasy that’s not real.

Where is Chen’s listing? The only one I saw has one photo of a rumpled red bedspread – that’s it. Is the link in this thread? BTW, the text to the listing I saw was written without a doubt by the same Chen-person writing in this forum and it doesn’t sound like a guy, gay or otherwise.

No, Chen is not a guy. It’s just that for a few hours she replaced her picture with that of her husband but didn’t change any of her text so I suggested AS A JOKE that it looked like a gay male couple’s listing. She changed it pretty quick.

1 Like

She’s new obiosuly and has a high learning curve. She’s got to be firm with guests but not be the Gestapo either. It is a fine line. She does have a review where the guest praised her so there is hope here! One day she might get it and thank us? :smile:

3 Likes

HAD a review that praised her. But she got a bad review and deleted her profile and started over. It’s tourist season and she has zero bookings via ABB or Wimdu. Maybe with her new lower price and lower security deposit she can get some bookings. Adding a picture of the dining table isn’t going to cut it.

Like @Garden1Gnome, I’m a bit concerned about her saying the place is luxury. It doesn’t look even remotely luxurious with all that Ikea furniture and the extremely odd futon.

Anyone getting there and expecting a luxurious place would be disappointed, especially at those prices.

1 Like

Things are changing so fast I can’t keep up. I hope she figures it out and becomes a good host. I think it is possible, as this looks like a cute place.

2 Likes

And we will all throw an online party the day Chen Susanne makes Superhost!

I know…I know…Superhost status can be ridiculous for certain markets. But if she gets that badge…we all have to have a party!

5 Likes

BTW, Lex/Chen:

You should take some pictures of your place in natural light. I think it would look better. Right now the room you are renting looks claustrophobic.

Also, you should show a picture of the entire room. It’s hard to understand the layout of the beds. Take a picture from the door entry of the room in daylight, where you can see out the window. I bet it will look more appealing.

Finally, why do you call the laundry closet a “private room for the washing machine”? It’s not a room. It’s a laundry closet. What do you mean private? Only the guests can use it? If you use it too, it’s not private.

Again, what you have is called a laundry closet.

FYI: this is a laundry room (again, not mine. Stock photo)

PS: You need to invest in a nicer futon, or at least a better cover. That thing looks like something from a student dorm room.

Has the listing been changed from ‘Entire Home’ to ‘Private Room’? That’s probably the most crucial thing. This thread is so funny, by the way. Giving advice through stealth, love it!

2 Likes

It’s now listed as a private room. Yay!

4 Likes

This luxury laundry room is bigger than my house.

4 Likes

There is hope! This thread should have been named: “'Saving Chen_Susanne”.

1 Like

You could start a new one…

1 Like

I have to say, that could be fun!

1 Like

(Pushes azreala forward and raises her hand to start the thread, everyone else congratulates her heartily!)

1 Like