A Sad Day no mood to make fun of you all

today i found a new forum, who called http://www.airbnbhell.com/ it is really good. What they wrote is really ojective and provides so much important information and so helpful. I think your little monkeys and kitty should really improve your ideas to make your website better. Your aim is to earn money and learning from each other right but not just like to jelling and repeating the same sentences. Anyway i have to talk about something serious. Today my friend told me Airbnb is illegal in my cityā€¦donā€™t know what to do. My friend is a police. He said i should not go on because if the guests fall on the floor and they can accuse me and ask for huge amount of moneyā€¦I believe what he said but donā€™t know what to do. I check some newspaper, airbnb is really illegal in my city. not every city but in my cityā€¦ what to do? I saw other people still having account in airbnb

What do you little monkeys and kittys think Chen should do???

6 Likes

Iā€™m sure that everyone here will be rushing to help you, since youā€™ve been so polite, kind and warm to everyoneā€¦ oh, waitā€¦

5 Likes

I live at loser paradise monkey island and I know.
In Munich Airbnb is not illegal in general. There are two types of real estate: private and commercial. You are not allowed to rent a private apartment to tourists longer than 6 weeks per year in total.
But If you are renting just a single room and if you are living at the same place you donā€™t even need a license.
Just google ā€œZweckentfremdung von Wohnraumā€.

1 Like

I am not in munich ok?. In my city is airbnb really illegal. If I can not find an insurance to cover the guests injuring problem and be accused then i will get bankrupt, they will take my house,.even worse than in losers paradise and monkey islandā€¦not a single banana

<----- Pulls up chair and pours large glass of wine.

This will be fun! Please go onā€¦

13 Likes

Oh, well, if you are having wine, I will join you!

6 Likes

According to one travel site, ā€œIn Munich Airbnb renters can already face fines of up to 30,000 euro for illegally renting space in their homes.ā€

Of course, it depends on the situation.

I thought it was only for Berlin is it all of Deutschland?

Itā€™s different in every area. In my area they encourage us to rent to tourists.

1 Like

Sure you are.
You did several mistakes:

• posting something here in German
  • using the same user name on facebook
  • posting a photo of your building on facebook
  • using the same user name on your first Airbnb listing
  • describing exactly your guests from hell here which can be found at your old reviews (the Thai girls showering permanently and the complaining German guy who is not a real German that received an excellent rating from you)
  • answering your reviews in the same way as you write postings here (You think you are godā€¦, Iā€™m not a slaveā€¦)
  • not to forget your house rules

No way out.

But I like you and would miss you if you decided to quit. Take the challenge.

8 Likes

Lighting one up nowā€¦then maybe I can relate on the same wave length.

4 Likes

Perfect. However, I think that will only validate how crazy this entire person/thing is :joy:

1 Like

Yes, Airbnb is illegal in your city. I would stop hosting if I was you. Too dangerous!

2 Likes

Well, this is a real ā€˜bummerā€™, such a short hosting career and just as it was really taking off so splendidly.

5 Likes

Oh yes, after the attack on the ā€˜made a mistake friend coming for two weeksā€™ thread I thought, Oh, it really IS time for a glass of wine @Malagachica @konacoconutz

3 Likes

Post the link to her facebook pageā€¦and where she describes the guestsā€¦ should amuse us no end!

This calls for something stronger. I will have a margarita, please.

2 Likes

That would be a bit too much. There has been enough for the day.

oh, yes, on the rocks, with salt!! On your lanai, if youā€™ve got an extra chair!!! Of course, you know, Iā€™m still working at midnight, no time for wine yet. Iā€™ve got a kid headed for her SATs in the morning, another kid to ballet, husband and I to meet with tax guy, one kidā€™s friend coming at noon, SAT kid heading to the Kennedy Center tomorrow night (so we were out all night shopping so sheā€™d have something to wear) and currently a booking request that seemed so promising but is asking questions like ā€˜how close to metroā€™ and ā€˜how much to the white houseā€™ and my favorite ā€˜is your neighborhood safeā€™. Ummmmmmmmmm, naah, I have over 50 5 star reviews because my guests love all the crime in my hoodā€¦ I finally had to shut it down; I suggested she find a listing closer in town. You know what that will cost herā€¦ Good grief. I swear, this younger generation - youā€™d think with google and being connected at all times they would know how to find out some things for themselves, but they really do not.

Iā€™d better say good-night. It has been quite a day on the olā€™ forum!!!

2 Likes