A crazy day with guest who act to have no money

Apparently Monkey Island is pretty popular as well…

1 Like

Well, I finally saw the listing. Here are my impressions:

1. That not a luxury kitchen. It’s a nice kitchen, but not luxury.

2. It looks like she already took down the thing about the cash deposit. That’s good. That means she knows it’s against the rules.

3. She has no reviews

I found it by googling the following text “To reduce the risk at an expensive place, please don’t take heavy and hard objects to the bathroom. (They can break the toilet and the basin.” The first hit was for an airbnb listing that is no longer available. It had 3 reviews and a rating of 3 stars. Guessing the reviews were less than stellar so a new profile and listing was made…
On that google search you also get some useful links on how to avoid back pain :slight_smile:

1 Like

That can’t be her. Didn’t she say she had luxury things? It’s mostly Ikea.

It looks like the old listing had 3 stars. So, I’m sure she removed it and started a new account. Since this listing says she has only been a member since May 2016

1 Like

So then, IF she is a real host (and I’m not convinced :slight_smile: ) then she has really shot herself in the foot with her posts here!

2 Likes

Probably no one else will either…Who can afford that deposit?
I had a female Chinese guest whose name was “Man.” My first thought was to decline but then I clicked on the profile, saw that was her name and accepted. I’ve also had users who showed up as “new user” and I asked their name then accepted. They didn’t even realize it was showing like that.

Google keeps a cache of old pages.

So…

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:g8T37bLgcN4J:https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/12292420%3Fs%3DTJnQ10lm+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

1 Like

The first review is spot on to what she was just complaining about- guy checking out early because of cleanliness and in her response she mention the 50E fee for the kitchen.

Hopefully the new listing will bring with it a new perspective on hospitality.

Hi @Garden1Gnome,

Well, based on the commendable detective work by forum members (you go, guys) it appears you were right. BTW

Based on my experience of Chinese people, at least the first part “customer as enemy. In any business transaction someone has to win and someone has to lose” is spot on. They are scary people to negotiate with. I wonder what kind of place China is, but I kind of don’t want to find out…

1 Like

@faheem

You might find this funny…

1 Like

She does have a degree in Hospitality Management.

The funny thing is that she claims to have studied hotel management and to have worked in “luxury hotels.” She must have been sleeping during most of her courses, particularly the ones about hospitality.

She always talks about having some great luxury house.

In fact, it’s not even a house, it’s just an apartment in a fairly average looking building on the outskirts of the city, not very central. No charm whatsoever.

As the other poster said, the furnishings look straight out of IKEA. Nothing special.

I looked at a few other Munich listings. Not many charge a deposit. Those that do are in the $100-200 range, even though they have nicer furniture than Chen. No one in their right mind would book her place, no reviews, but $600 deposit when there are much nicer places available.

She seems overly fixated on the brand of her bathroom fixtures and toilet. Who, when looking for an Airbnb, cares what brand the toilet is?

The luxury terrace is not what I would call luxury. It’s tiny with a view into the concrete building next door. The furniture is plastic looking and like something you could find in Target, or whatever the German equivalent is.

Maybe someone who was raised in a shack without running water would think this place is luxury, but to any one else it’s just normal.

I know I sound very catty, but I really can’t stand this type of person.

1 Like

Hi @felixcat,

That’s pretty funny. Thanks for sharing. And yes, Indians do love a bargain. :slight_smile:

1 Like

She also previously mentioned that if you get bad reviews you just close that account and open a new one.

3 Likes

Good memory. The whole scene does reinforces the need for mutual reviews (an AirBnB innovation if not mistaken), albeit not a perfect system, but imagine the blind alleys both could walk into without it.

How did she get verified with the pseudonym Munich?

1 Like

Agree. Lots of people complain about the review system and star ratings, mostly when they’ve just had a low rating for location or something! But I can’t really see how it could be improved.