A crazy day with guest who act to have no money

Her posts however are so much fun to make sense of and always lead to some true bonding of our little forum community.

5 Likes

True! Somehow it provoked the fun conversations about fishing! I donā€™t fish (just never have) but love hearing your conversation!!!

I keep wondering ā€œtroll, or not a troll, troll, or not a trollā€ - just when I think itā€™s one, then I read something that makes me think the other. At least one other poster said they found Chenā€™s listing and she is a real host.

I was reading through an old thread the other day and some of the things that she said then (that stirred up a lot of controversy) have been reiterated by others here and it has been their same experience. And I read some similar posts on the internet :slight_smile:

I go back and forth also; she throws a bombastic post into the group to see what happens, yet at other timesā€¦hard to tell indeed.

2 Likes

I think I remember that. But the poster who ā€˜vouchedā€™ for her had only just joined a few minutes before he or she posted :wink:

1 Like

most recently a poster named dirk claimed he found them on Wimdu too and they had no bookings. However, I find it hard to believe that anyone would be able to locate a hosts listing unless they specifically said where they are located and she has not.

3 Likes

Me too. I also donā€™t really think that any real host would post the things she does on a public forum that anyone can access (which includes potential guests).

This thing she went on about regarding demanding deposits is bizarre.

However, I admit that itā€™s entertaining :slight_smile:

But for any potential guests who are reading, I want to assure them that a) Iā€™m 99% sure she isnā€™t a host and b) on the very slim chance she is, sheā€™s very ā€˜unusualā€™ (to say the least) in her attitude.

I also canā€™t see why she hasnā€™t posted a link to her listing. OK, I understand privacy and all that, but when you have a very public listing on a very busy site then all ideas of privacy should go out of the window.

2 Likes

Agree. All transactions are to go through airbnb as stated by the Terms and Conditions. Iā€™ve never heard of anyone collecting a ā€˜depositā€™ outside of the listing, with the exception of local and state taxes which must be stated in the listing prior to booking, if the host chooses to ā€˜visually pass onā€™ the taxes in addition to the room rate. This is the exception where airbnb is not collecting or forwarding the taxes to the state for hosts in the listing area.

1 Like

Perhaps the title to this thread should have been ā€œANOTHER crazy day with guestsā€¦ā€), because I am now certain Chen has had more than one.

1 Like

Where do you host? Germany?

Actually, my first guess would be China. Not sure why; something about the toneā€¦

But I guess you inferred something from the sentence structure and word usage.

1 Like

Her thought processes seem Chinese (customer as enemy. In any business transaction someone has to win and someone has to lose. There is no Win-Win. Strong distrust of strangers. Stubborn resistance to following rules. Fixation on rich vs. poor people.)

Her last name sounds Chinese.

But that last post looks like it was put into Google Translate from German.

My guess would be Chinese immigrant living in Germany or maybe another German speaking country like Austria. She also mentioned very high water rates, which sounds like Western Europe.

2 Likes

She has written posts in German before, and not Google translate German, but as someone who actually speaks German.

I agree with @jaquo I dont think her listing really exsists and the person that ā€˜vouchedā€™ for her was really another account of hers.

ā€œOderā€ would always be translated if it were Google Translate.

Hi there Chen_Susanne and all of you Monkey Island Losers.

I started reading this forum some weeks ago because I had a specific question about hosting but then I found in Chen my favorite comedian. Iā€™m living in a touristic area and many of my friends host as well on other platforms. It became a running gag to quote Chenā€™s statements and to imagine to really treat guests like she is suggesting.
I was curious and as she posted something in German ( List of guests, which you should avoid - #19 by Chen_Susanne - Airbnb hosts forum ) I tried to find her in Germanyā€¦ and I did. It took me about an hour.

First I registered here to post her listing but then I found it unfair and I just stated: She is a real host.
As I continued reading her entries I saw she did several improvements on her listing after posting here.
Now Iā€™m 100% sure that I found the right one.

Here come some of Chenā€™s Airbnb house rulesā€¦

Multi account policy:
ā€œMember since May 2016ā€

General:
ā€œCheck In: 5PM - 12AM (midnight)
Security Deposit: ā‚¬600
Shared Luxury Kitching and Terrase -7:00-20:00ā€

Washing:
ā€œWashmashine+dryer (6L)-one load is free of charge longstaying guest (over 7 nights) or 4 guests who are together in one room. ( Washmaschine 30-40ā€™C 30 mins-1 hour, Dryer 2-3 hours) One extra load losts12 Euro.
This room will be closed after 20:00.ā€

Privacy:
"We kindly ask guests to refrain from entering other rooms and use things that arenā€™t theirs. "

Luxury:
ā€œTo reduce the risk at an expensive place, please donā€™t take heavy and hard objects to the bathroom. (They can break the toilet and the basin.)ā€

Kids
ā€œChildren are welcome, but children of all ages count as ā€˜peopleā€™ and must be included in the guest count. Arriving at the home with more guests than you booked, including babies and small children, violates airbnb rules and our policy.ā€

Deposit:
ā€œOn the other side, guests in any form are not welcome and have to stay home. Because they can break something in the room so that your deposite will not be back.ā€

Showering:
ā€œTo keep our costs down (and pass those savings on to our guests) we kindly ask that you switch off lights and the heating when its not in use or leaving the house and donā€™t waste water.ā€

Strange:
ā€œUnfortunately we can not give you a master keys. If this get lost, the locking system of the whole building has to change which is quite expensive.
Just tell us your plans and we ensure that you can enter without any problems.ā€

Wimdu only:
ā€œearly check in costs 50% of the room price.ā€
ā€œdeposite 500 euro cash by check-inā€

PLEASE Chen, donā€™t stop to enlighten me with your experience and your knowledge of human nature.

2 Likes

Oooo fun. Itā€™s like an online game: Find the listing.

I also thought she was Chinese because of the name but of course I know thatā€™s not really her name. Referring to guests having HongKong foot and Singapore being expensive I was also thinking of a host in Asia or Australia

Interesting that she doesnā€™t post a name on Air.

Host name: Munich.

ā€œHi, Iā€™m Munich!ā€

Ah, here I go to peruse Munich listings. Munich, the birthplace of Nazi brand fascism. How apropo. The only place where a European said something racist to me as we watch an Australian aborigine perform in a public square. Funny how she fits the stereotype.

1 Like

Side note, as a guest I wouldnā€™t stay at a hosts place with a name like munich. Munich is a lovely city thoughā€¦

Ooooo. Please give me a hint how to find it. I must see this luxury kitchen for myself.

1 Like