A crazy day with guest who act to have no money

I am sure the Munich Tourism Department wouldn’t be thrilled by this listing. LoL

I think ebay was the first to model the peer to peer sharing economy being viable on a large scale.
via mutual reviews.

That’s right, the buyer/seller review system. Good point.

This is the kind of rare nut that gives us good hosts who actually care about our guests a really bad name. Lol is this woman for real, her posts are bizarre to say the least?

Was thinking the SAME thing? Report her to Air?

Ok, on one side this is soo funny, on the other side I feel sorry for her.

I just see the Chineese cultural backgroud everywhere.
And she probably isn’t even aware.

Her Hotel experience doesn’t help either, indeed hotel guests do not tell you about damages. Who cares, big hotel ask top prices and damages are covered in them.

But is shows she doesn’t know what she is doing. Still listing a whole house / appartment, not a private room. You can expect guests to be confused and wanting to use the kitchen.

And I almost pissed my pants when I read about the “Mittagsruhe”…lol.
There is no such thing… anymore. It could be that some form still exists in Bavarian local law, but it certainly not a German law.

But with a €600 deposit you will not get any bookings.

Ok, let’s be honest. Her apartment, while not “luxury” is perfectly nice. But the price is high with additional people and fees for using anything other than the bathroom and bed. I think many people would be put off by the rules and description and obviously if she treats people the way she describes in her posts here she won’t ever be successful. She isn’t interested in learning anything about hosting, she thinks she knows it all. I don’t know why she even signed up with this forum and I doubt she will stick around now that she has been unmasked.

I agree. Post must be at least 20 characters.

This could explain the deposit thing… They don’t collect it for you… But I always make sure to get this in advance via paypal. If you refund within 60 days there’s no service fee.

1 Like

Yes, she does have a nice apartment and I think her listing looks nice.

Chen - you may want to change your listing to a private room instead of a whole apartment.

You should also update the number of beds. Are there really 4 separate beds?

You do have a nice place but the additional guest fee is very high for everyone sharing one bedroom. I rent out a whole home with two bedrooms and the nightly rate is over $200 most times. The rate is based on 4 guests. I do allow 6 guests and I charge $12.50 per night each for the 5th and 6th guest. This more than covers the extra linens, wear and tear, extra loads of laundry, toilet paper, shampoo, trash bags, running the dishwasher loads, flushing the toilet, etc.

I understand water is very expensive where you are, but your additional guest fees seem very extreme. Your place seems like it is in a great location.

Actually many people who are only used to listing on VRBO were initially collecting the deposit outside of the Airbnb site. That is just what they are used to. So, yes it can be confusing when you are used to collecting on your own.

So I put some mid July dates into her listing for 2 people. It would be about $800 to stay there for 4 nights.

Then I put the same dates into Orbitz. For around the same price, you can get a nice 4 star hotel closer to the center of Munich at the likes of Hilton, Pullman, Mecure, Sheraton as well as other local brand hotels I’m not familiar with but that look nice.

I think I’d just go with a hotel room (with daily maid service and professional concierge) at that price rather then put up with all her rules, monitoring of my shower usage and cleanliness conditions that her first guest described as not up to European standards.

My diagnosis:
Mr and Mrs. Chen bit off a bit more than they can chew with the new mortgage and are trying to bring in a certain amount of money per month regardless of what the local market looks like for Airbnbs/hotels.

1 Like

Kitty you are dying. I make a screenshot of this picture. You uplode the Guy’s picture on the website. I will contact him and he will accuse you. You abmuse his photo you are so mean!

Yes, it is a nice appartment.

But if you are scared of people breaking stuff, do not rent it out!

Yes, I see that it is about 1,60 per 1000L and waste water again about 1,60 per 1000L, so about €3,20 in total. I would also be asking my guests to save water. but still an average shower would not cost more than €1.

I like this advice.
@chen_susanne maybe you should give it a try. You already had some nice guests in April and you could go on with guests like this.
You apartment is nice but I would change prices to €20 for an extra person and deposit to €150. What about a cleaning fee? I think liens and water are covered then.
At faires or Oktoberfest you could raise prices. But I don’t think Oktoberfest guests are the right fit for you - imagine 4 drunk Kiwis staying at your place -:).

Don’t try to scare your guests with police, fire officers and huge expenses - just try to trust them a bit. Maybe I’m naive but at my place this works well.

Her listing doesn’t allow alcohol. LOL. In Munich. LOL.

4 Likes

I also think she has way too many beds crammed into one small room. The kind of people who are willing to squeeze 6 into a room that size are probably not what she’s looking for. (I.e drunk kiwis during OctoberFest.)

Why not have two nice beds and limit it to 2-3 people total?

The apartment doesn’t look that big. 6 extra people would be a lot to have milling around, especially with such a tiny bathroom.
BTW: What exactly is a mini-shower? (And the word you are looking for is SHOWER, not douche…that has a completely different meaning in English, which I won’t get into.

Either have your husband write the listing in fluent German, or get a fluent English speaker to write it in coherent English. Not all mixed up.

Also, why do you have it listed under entire house? That’s misleading. It’s just a room. Entire apartment rentals mean no one else is there and they have the entire apartment to themselves without limitations on their kitchen usage.

If you stop making the place to be more than it is and charge appropriately, you are more likely to get good reviews. When you make it sound like a luxury entire apartment, when it’s not, people will be mad at you when they get there.

I feel sorry for her, too. She must be so desperate to have made a listing like this. How can she think they are going to make money with this listing?

BHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Dying. laughing.

“Felix the Cat!
The Wonderful Cat
Whenever he gets in a fix
he reaches into his bag of trix
Felix the the cat
The wonderful wonderful cat
You’ll laugh so much your sides will ache
your heart will go pitter pat
Watching Felix, the wonderful cat.”

1 Like