A crazy day with guest who act to have no money

Mearns - Which island are you on? It sounds deliciously remote and peaceful!

@portlandgirl: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/4869137

@luckytxn, you in Texas? Coast?

Yes, North of Galveston off of Galveston Bay. It would be easy for me to provide fishing equipment as I have a lot of equipment.

Especially for redfish and speckled trout. IF you are near the water, perhaps even think of providing kayaks. I have them in the island; the guests absolutely love them (Tamarack 120ā€™s). I fished the waters from Galveston to Port Isabel and it became a 2 decade love affair; shallow wadable waters, outstanding type of fish.

Love that idea and very doable, Know every fishing hole around and you are correct about the fishing prospects. Been fishing for many decades,

They also make the one with stabilizers, where one can stand up. Imagine the places a kayak can go where others wouldnā€™t dare, and especially for reds who love extreme shallow waters, that barely covers their eyes. LoL

Do you make them sign waivers indemnifying you in case they get a fishing hook stuck in their thumbs? How do you deal with the liability of kayaks and other water toys you provide? Iā€™ve decided to make my guests sign a waiver for borrowing my water equipment.

1 Like

Thanks again for that. Definite will look into it as I am about 1 block from the water and 2 blocks from where they can put in. I am looking at housing next to the Texas city dike also.

I bet you know my fave fishing spot at San Luis Pass.

I do K. and good thinking. I am also in Belize; a whole different world when it comes to such things; nonetheless why not.

@luckytxn :slight_smile: I am more well verse from Spiritu Santo Bay to San Isabel. I ~really~ miss that fishing, really.

Omg - ive traveled to alaska, the florida keys, and caye caulker just to fish! Meaning we fish all night & all morning & sleep in the day.

Your place is sounding more and more like a fantasy! I used to have dreams of fishing out of a bedroom window.

2 Likes

In dutch there is a saying that matches this perfectly: ā€œZoals de waard is vertrouwd hij zijn gastenā€.

Litteral translated: ā€œLike the inkeeper is, so he trusts his guests to beā€.

7 Likes

Please LEAVE all her posts. it is a good warning to others how disrespect, anger and hostility distort people.

Andā€¦ her name calling MUST remain, so that when people read this forum, they see how poorly her lack of manners, education, and class manifest itselfā€¦

7 Likes

Good points. I donā€™t think I have the authority to delete anything?

I flagged a few bc I was concerned how they might come across to ā€˜lurkersā€™ who now think all hosts are like Chen.

3 Likes

His place would be my idea too. I saved it to my faves and am going to broach the subject of vacation. Maybe she will shock me and say yes.

They donā€™t seem to mind haggling me before they book their vacationā€¦ha!

2 Likes

Before arriving, absolutely they tryā€¦ Oh yeah.

@luckytxn While doing the dishes we can oftentimes see the permit (type of big pompano) tailing just 10-15 away from the kitchen window; they are a true challenge for fly fishers. In fact, we were having dinner with some dear friend recently whose wife made a fancy lobster dinner; the husband keeps staring out the window like seeing ghosts while we are talking, all of a sudden he bolts upwards and tumbles the whole table and runs for his fly rod to cast to them; the wife smacks him and screams at him to ā€˜Grow Upā€™! LoL

2 Likes

Lol. That is funny. Some just donā€™t understand.

As much fun as this is, CAN WE JUST IGNORE HER POSTS?
Maybe sheā€™ll go away.

4 Likes

I find her posts humorous. It reminds me all too often how many of my guests are actually like that. And keeps me on my toes. Lol :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think this is an absolutely perfect quote to describe her mentality.

2 Likes