A crazy day with guest who act to have no money

Where do you host? Germany?

Actually, my first guess would be China. Not sure why; something about the tone…

But I guess you inferred something from the sentence structure and word usage.

1 Like

Her thought processes seem Chinese (customer as enemy. In any business transaction someone has to win and someone has to lose. There is no Win-Win. Strong distrust of strangers. Stubborn resistance to following rules. Fixation on rich vs. poor people.)

Her last name sounds Chinese.

But that last post looks like it was put into Google Translate from German.

My guess would be Chinese immigrant living in Germany or maybe another German speaking country like Austria. She also mentioned very high water rates, which sounds like Western Europe.

2 Likes

She has written posts in German before, and not Google translate German, but as someone who actually speaks German.

I agree with @jaquo I dont think her listing really exsists and the person that ‘vouched’ for her was really another account of hers.

“Oder” would always be translated if it were Google Translate.

Hi there Chen_Susanne and all of you Monkey Island Losers.

I started reading this forum some weeks ago because I had a specific question about hosting but then I found in Chen my favorite comedian. I’m living in a touristic area and many of my friends host as well on other platforms. It became a running gag to quote Chen’s statements and to imagine to really treat guests like she is suggesting.
I was curious and as she posted something in German ( List of guests, which you should avoid - #19 by Chen_Susanne - Airbnb hosts forum ) I tried to find her in Germany… and I did. It took me about an hour.

First I registered here to post her listing but then I found it unfair and I just stated: She is a real host.
As I continued reading her entries I saw she did several improvements on her listing after posting here.
Now I’m 100% sure that I found the right one.

Here come some of Chen’s Airbnb house rules…

Multi account policy:
“Member since May 2016”

General:
“Check In: 5PM - 12AM (midnight)
Security Deposit: €600
Shared Luxury Kitching and Terrase -7:00-20:00”

Washing:
“Washmashine+dryer (6L)-one load is free of charge longstaying guest (over 7 nights) or 4 guests who are together in one room. ( Washmaschine 30-40’C 30 mins-1 hour, Dryer 2-3 hours) One extra load losts12 Euro.
This room will be closed after 20:00.”

Privacy:
"We kindly ask guests to refrain from entering other rooms and use things that aren’t theirs. "

Luxury:
“To reduce the risk at an expensive place, please don’t take heavy and hard objects to the bathroom. (They can break the toilet and the basin.)”

Kids
“Children are welcome, but children of all ages count as ‘people’ and must be included in the guest count. Arriving at the home with more guests than you booked, including babies and small children, violates airbnb rules and our policy.”

Deposit:
“On the other side, guests in any form are not welcome and have to stay home. Because they can break something in the room so that your deposite will not be back.”

Showering:
“To keep our costs down (and pass those savings on to our guests) we kindly ask that you switch off lights and the heating when its not in use or leaving the house and don’t waste water.”

Strange:
“Unfortunately we can not give you a master keys. If this get lost, the locking system of the whole building has to change which is quite expensive.
Just tell us your plans and we ensure that you can enter without any problems.”

Wimdu only:
“early check in costs 50% of the room price.”
“deposite 500 euro cash by check-in”

PLEASE Chen, don’t stop to enlighten me with your experience and your knowledge of human nature.

2 Likes

Oooo fun. It’s like an online game: Find the listing.

I also thought she was Chinese because of the name but of course I know that’s not really her name. Referring to guests having HongKong foot and Singapore being expensive I was also thinking of a host in Asia or Australia

Interesting that she doesn’t post a name on Air.

Host name: Munich.

“Hi, I’m Munich!”

Ah, here I go to peruse Munich listings. Munich, the birthplace of Nazi brand fascism. How apropo. The only place where a European said something racist to me as we watch an Australian aborigine perform in a public square. Funny how she fits the stereotype.

1 Like

Side note, as a guest I wouldn’t stay at a hosts place with a name like munich. Munich is a lovely city though…

Ooooo. Please give me a hint how to find it. I must see this luxury kitchen for myself.

1 Like

Apparently Monkey Island is pretty popular as well…

1 Like

Well, I finally saw the listing. Here are my impressions:

1. That not a luxury kitchen. It’s a nice kitchen, but not luxury.

2. It looks like she already took down the thing about the cash deposit. That’s good. That means she knows it’s against the rules.

3. She has no reviews

I found it by googling the following text “To reduce the risk at an expensive place, please don’t take heavy and hard objects to the bathroom. (They can break the toilet and the basin.” The first hit was for an airbnb listing that is no longer available. It had 3 reviews and a rating of 3 stars. Guessing the reviews were less than stellar so a new profile and listing was made…
On that google search you also get some useful links on how to avoid back pain :slight_smile:

1 Like

That can’t be her. Didn’t she say she had luxury things? It’s mostly Ikea.

It looks like the old listing had 3 stars. So, I’m sure she removed it and started a new account. Since this listing says she has only been a member since May 2016

1 Like

So then, IF she is a real host (and I’m not convinced :slight_smile: ) then she has really shot herself in the foot with her posts here!

2 Likes

Probably no one else will either…Who can afford that deposit?
I had a female Chinese guest whose name was “Man.” My first thought was to decline but then I clicked on the profile, saw that was her name and accepted. I’ve also had users who showed up as “new user” and I asked their name then accepted. They didn’t even realize it was showing like that.

Google keeps a cache of old pages.

So…

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:g8T37bLgcN4J:https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/12292420%3Fs%3DTJnQ10lm+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

1 Like