#503 error and I can't get on to my listing 90% of the time this entire week

Is anyone else having problems with this? For the past week 90% of the time I can’t get on my site.
I’ve been on the phone for hours listening to that stupid music, or having the phone hung up. Finally at 5ish last night I got Caroline. She said all the right things and said she’d send it off to the techies.
This was her response that came in at 5pm tonight.
Hi Sam,

I apologize for the delayed response. I am just now returning to the office. Nevertheless, I am sorry to have kept you waiting.

I heard back from the technical team, and they indicated that this is not a widespread website issue. While they are unable to determine the cause of the error that you are seeing, they did give me some tips that you can try to hopefully get this resolved:

1. Try accessing the website again using Google Chrome, as this is the browser that our website is optimized to work in.

2. Try accessing the website from a different device (Such as a mobile, or a different computer) if possible. Or, try accessing it from a different internet source (ethernet, or a different wifi source).

3. Contact your local internet provider to ask if they have any blocks set up that are preventing you from accessing our website.

I hope that one of these will resolve the issue. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
SOOOOO I downloaded Chrome… and couldn’t assess my listing. Chrome said there wasn’t one.

I just bought a MacBook Air, so do I get rid of it???

HELP!!!

This is not a computer problem; it is an AirBNB problem. The platform, regardless of what they say, has been unstable this week. Lots of those darn “Whoops” pages with the ice cream splatter.

I do this stuff for a living, and these are all suggestions are simply a way to get you to go away. If you would like to send me your listing URL via PM, I am happy to check from here on my MacBook Pro.

3 Likes

This is nonsense. As @anon67190644 says, the problem is not with you, it’s with the site. At the turn of the century, I was accustomed to ensuring that websites were compatible with every browser - some of which people today have never heard of.

If I could do it 17 years ago, Airbnb can do it now.

Susan, that is so kind thank you. I’m beyond furious.
Our listing is: The Willow House Hamilton, Ontario.
thank you

Making supper now, will look for your place after we have finished eating.

I’m have been seeing 503 errors here as well, but so far they have been transient. But the Airbnb response, while unsurprising, is not encouraging.

FWIW, I’m seeing your listing just fine here.

Willow House-Harbour West Hamilton,
27 reviews
85 travelers saved this place

About this listing starts with

Enjoy the whole house

Is that the right one?
Do you want me to send you a message?

I am able to find your listing via Safari, Chrome, and Firefox via google.

When do you get the 503? Are you accessing your Dashboard stuff, or trying to look at your listing? I have been getting it when I try to access my Calendar, but not as consistently as you have.

Thank you Faheem! It is very comforting to hear from you all.
We love our guests, like what we’re doing, but the down side is the help line.
I wish there was a way to write upper management. I’m a travel writer, with a regular column and it would be simple to write about it, not only that but several large papers in Canada have asked to write about us, and I’ve always said no.
cheers
sam

And you get the SuperHost customer support folks! Pity those that don’t have that badge.

1 Like

Just trying to look at my listing via google. What I did just discover is if I click on the air logo, it lets me in.
Thanks so much

Yes, in a Google search it is the second result. :slight_smile:

Try Twitter as well. They’re kinda useless too, but at least you don’t have to sit at the end of a line waiting for them to pick up. And at least some of the time they connect you to a customer service rep. Though sometimes they say they will, and you hear nothing further, so they’re not reliable.

Oh oh oh! Mention my listing somewhere, please. :slight_smile:
I’ve had quite a lot of Canadian guests. I’d like to get some more. They’ve all been good.

1 Like

faheem http://airhostsforum.com/u/faheem
April 14
samion:
We love our guests, like what we’re doing, but the down side is the help line.

Try Twitter as well. They’re kinda useless too, but at least you don’t have to sit at the end of a line waiting for them to pick up. And at least some of the time they connect you to a customer service rep. Though sometimes they say they will, and you hear nothing further, so they’re not reliable.

samion:
I’m a travel writer, with a regular column

Oh oh oh! Mention my listing somewhere, please.
I’ve had quite a lot of Canadian guests. I’d like to get some more. They’ve all been good.

Where are you? What’s your listing.

Visit Topic http://airhostsforum.com/t/503-error-and-i-cant-get-on-to-my-listing-90-of-the-time-this-entire-week/13176/12 or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

samion http://airhostsforum.com/u/samion
April 14
Thank you Faheem! It is very comforting to hear from you all. We love our guests, like what we’re doing, but the down side is the help line. I wish there was a way to write upper management. I’m a travel writer, with a regular column and it would be simple to write about it, not only that but severa…
Visit Topic http://airhostsforum.com/t/503-error-and-i-cant-get-on-to-my-listing-90-of-the-time-this-entire-week/13176/12 or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here http://airhostsforum.com/email/unsubscribe/6fe8320f978b6cd2f41d950d6fade4052a5b94dc83e20c66766da82c0fbecf6b.

Hi @samion,

My listing link is in my profile: http://towerroom.net

I’m located in Bombay, India.

Their website and mobile application user interface changes constantly . Almost in fortnightly basis you will see a change. I can feel they want to add more feature in but it makes the loading time longer and longer each time and errors frequently as well. I often dont even receive message or booking notification anymore , and for strange reason my acceptance rate and response rate dropped from 100% to 95% and I don’t know why ! I accept all the bookinga and answer all the inquiry within 1-3 hours . Something wrong with their website

Sometimes guests gave me 5 star but it shows 4 star. I asked guests they said 5 star, then I can airbnb ask them to adjust it they refused it even guests write in the message ask airbnb to change it to 5 star they still refuse

I confirm this. My software received a lot more 503 errors (errors on Airbnb’s side) for the past 2 weeks than the usual (which is never zero).

I agree with smtucker - 503 is a server side error, caused by the Airbnb platform being overloaded or being maintained. Nothing to do with your browser.
25 years ago I worked on a helpline and standard procedure was to ask the user to “rebuild your indexes” and call back if that didn’t work. It never worked, of course, it was just a cynical way of buying time whilst we worked out what the real problem was. It’s disappointing that Airbnb are taking the same approach, either deliberately or through ignorance on the part of the agent.

I’ve been unable to change order of photos or change my cover, so I presume it’s related to the same issues.
They must be experiencing some problems, or implementing changes in the back end!

Okay this morning, not only do I still have the 503 error, I’m missing my last review and my reply. I was missing one last fall, and the HELP line said it was my imagination and if I didn’t have a camera shot of it, it didn’t happen.

This six time super host is ready to explore different option of renting our house.

My latest review displays when I view my listing in Firefox, but doesn’t in Safari. Safari has “TOP Review” while Firefox doesn’t. Someone is screwing around over there.