Your cancellation policy

what is your cancellation policy? ie. flex, moderate ors strict?. and how long have you been hosting

Strict 3.5 years.

What about you @Jen1 and what are you interested in finding out through our responses?

3 Likes

Strict. For 3 years. .

1 Like

Moderate
4 years and only one cancellation

2 Likes

Strict – 3 years. 1 cancellation for an unplanned cancer surgery & recovery,

1 Like

Flexible. Seven years.

2 Likes

Moderate
Almost 3 years via Airbnb and 17 years outside

1 Like

Moderate. 2 properties —5 years for 1, 3.5 yrs the 2nd. Only 2 cancellations Both were rebooked

1 Like

Hosting 5 years. Flexible 4.7 years, now moderate.

1 Like

Flexible policy, 4 months hosting.

1 Like

I am rethinking if I should change back to moderate from strict cancellation after a couple of cancels. I was curious to see what the average responses were.

It kind of depends on what kind of place you have. Strict isn’t really all that strict for an in demand place booked in advance. But when I travel alone a place with flexible or moderate is more desirable than one with strict. I’ve skipped over a couple of places with strict policy.

1 Like

Strict. Full-home 3-bedroom rental in fly-to vacation spot. Most guests book and buy airline tickets at least six weeks in advance, so moderate or flexible does not protect us at all. Only one cancellation from AirBnB. But we only get 5-10 bookings a year from AirBnB - most of our bookings are from VRBO (now pronounced “Ver-bo”)

2 Likes

I think you’ve mentioned a valuable differentiator—95% of my guests are driving so with a week’s notice, I can usually rebook

Flexible policy.
Hosting for one month now.
Studio unit.
One cancel (60 days notice), one date change that reduced rental by 1 day (2 weeks notice).
I’ve been monitoring our area for awhile, does seem hosts start as flexible but move to moderate.

Strict/2 yrs. Works fine.

Strict, 2.5 years. Have thought about changing to moderate to show up in Business listing search but I really hate cancellations!!!