Yet another bad experience with a host...Pls help

Good result, Katy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to hear Katy. Even the 158 seemed high for what I saw and glad they took that off.

I agree with Marina. In my experience most Americans do not take their shoes off. Its more of Europian and other cultures thing. In my country it’s unheard off not to take your shoes off when entering someones house. Every host has guest slippers to offer

Glad to hear it. But you dont have to clean extra hard at all. Remember they charge you cleaning fee. Take out garbage, wash dishes, tidy up meaning put chairs where they belong, but thats about it. You dont have to wash floors or bathroom or toilets

Although it’s lovely if you do β€” especially toilets :slight_smile:

My house rules require that guests leave clean toilets :slightly_smiling:. They do not have to take out the trash or anything else, but yes, clean the toilets !

I am somewhat late on the original topic, but I have the very same flooring material on my rooftop terrace and it is nearly impossible to clean greasy stains on porous materials like this . I do a lot of grilling and oil drops just never happen unless you don’t care. If I was the host I would not have been happy to find my terrace with such a mess. I would not have filed a case with Airbnb but I would have left a somewhat bad review.

I did so many adjustments to my guests room because seems like guests even the most considerate dont really care or simply clueless. I had candles in rooms, took them away because of incredible mess guests did with it. I had my white blanket thrown on a floor non stop, took it away.
I had guests using 4 towels in a day each because i stored all my towels in a closet. Took it away, leaving only 1 set for each. Noone ever asked for more towels.
My idea of hosting to not expect our guests know or care. This is not their home, they will care somewhat but not like we do about our property. If i had a floor that only i know is so difficult to clean, i would not put grill there … or … at least would stress the issue and explaing to my guest how crucial it is to keep it clean at all time. ANd definitely provide some cleaning supples.

^^^ Smart. Keep it simple, including the set of rules. Live longer because you be happier.