Yeah, but is it private?

Thanks to all who chimed in. In consideration of the conversation my post garnered, we will add verbiage about the wooden blinds (shown in pictures) and the distance between the main cabin and the guest cabin. We’ve already mentioned the private patio and to be aware of the nosy goats. - Goodnight all!

2 Likes

I’m not sure that the actual distance between the main house and the cabin is crucial to mention, because if it was open space, that would be different than if there were trees or some other structure blocking the sight line. I’d more mention it in terms of “You may see us puttering around outside in the yard and gardens near the main house, but we respect our guests’ privacy.” Or “The main house is not visible from the cabin, although you may hear us talking if we happen to be out in the yard.”
Whatever the case may be.

Yeah, but is it private? Why wouldn’t they post it, it’s listed on Airbnb right?

There was a woman who used to post here who had a set up like that. A guest house cabin on her property in the boonies. She was frustrated by multiple complaints in reviews about lack of privacy. She felt the situation was well described. If I recall, some of us felt she was a bit nosy and her being out and about in close proximity to the guests was a problem.

2 Likes

Everyone sing along: “Mares eat oats and nosy goats and little lambs eat ivy”
Now I can’t get that song out of my head!

2 Likes

Wow, thanks for sharing that ear worm this morning! :joy::dizzy_face:

1 Like

does (female deer :wink: eat oats…

Yes, that’s how I learned it, too. Not “nosy goats”.

“Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn’t you?
Yes! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn’t you?”

2 Likes

“Nosy goats” just reminded me of the song. And as soon as I thought of it, I couldn’t get it out of my head!

1 Like

Ah, I get it now. But you never know- in different areas, there are variations in things- like some people say “kitty-corner” and some "catty-corner’. It just depends on where you grew up and how your parents said something. And “nosiegoats” isn’t any less silly than “doesiedoats”.

1 Like

And they say kids these days are unintelligible.

3 Likes

additional reasons - nudist, famous, having an affair, body conscious and want to sunbathe…

2 Likes

I’ve been singing that freaking jingle all day now! :dizzy_face: Had to play loud Allman Brothers to get it out of my head, & now it’s back. Argh!

1 Like

Does eat oats. A doe being a female deer.

As in ''doe a deer a female deer, fa a long long way to run…"

Blimey…

Yes, but it’s meant to sound like nonsensical words, at least the way I was taught it, so wonky spelling is perfectly cool. :wink:

Wow, thanks for that next ear worm! I’m going back to the Allman Brothers :joy:

2 Likes

@RiverRock @muddy

We live in a fishbowl with walls of glass in every room. We are on a mountaintop with no neighbors, no curtains of any kind. Anyone who needs darkness more than the lack of lights at night can bring a sleep mask. Seeing stars, sunrises, sunsets and the vast wilderness view is a plus for our home. Anyone seeing in would need to be flying - those are birds! We appeal to nature lovers.

3 Likes

It’s been really interesting seeing the different perspectives. We appreciate this forum. - Thanks

2 Likes

Ask them why, it’ll save you thinking about what the reasons may be.

2 Likes