WTF Guest just called and said all graduations at Lackland AFB canceled because of the corona virus

Leave out the word “not” and you are correct. Otherwise, do some research.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-10-20-intl-hnk/h_756ae86885c0377629fc126a9086a172

Geez, I just realized who this is. Fooled me with the cute puppy picture.

On a completely unrelated note, here is how you can ignore a user on this forum:

Go to their profile by clicking on their profile picture, then on the larger picture.

Once you are on their profile page, click on the “Normal” button at the top right. Choose “Ignore” from the drop down menu.

Normal

MenuChoices

Pick an Ignore time limit from the menu (why is there not an “eternity” option?), then click “Ignore”.

Success! Don’t feed the trolls and they will move on to greener pastures.

Success

3 Likes

And then you can only listen to uneducated hateful people like this guy.

Wow, @gigman7, I’ve had enough of you. I’m going to take @georgiahost’s advice.

2 Likes

Such as what? Enough of what?

Are you so stupid that you intentionally used an article, written well over a month ago, to try and prove your point over @RiverRock ?

CV19 has been declared a pandemic by the WHO, not the media, and in the space of a month the global situation has changed drastically.

From a hosting perspective, I don’t suppose there’s any harm in you burying your head in the sand; going by your other post you don’t have any guests, therefore no need to worry about cancellations.

JF

1 Like

My most recent one was from 2 days ago. If you are only on here to start a fight, then go away.

Sorry about your situation and all other Hosts that are affected by this.

The age of the dead is irrelevant.
It is the SPREAD of the virus that is the issue.
Risk Management is being advised in an attempt to contain the virus and mitigate the spread of this virus.

It was officially labelled a PANDEMIC yesterday

The age is relevant. Here, the average age is 80. Why? Because the immune system of that age is weak. Most who have died were already in a nursing home.

Learn the facts.

As the poster of this thread I would ask that you go away.

Update:

The family staying in my Guest House showed up anyway. Their flight was not going to be refunded.

The family that booked my Villa canceled on VRBO and they honored my cancellation policy of no refund.

The family that booked my Cottage for a full week when graduation activities are only through Saturday said they were going to cancel, but didn’t as of yet. It doesn’t look like anyone is there, no cars. So I’ll have to wait to see if they cancel via AirBnB.

1 Like

Flight?

Thanks for the update. I hope these families have a good visit and leave good reviews.

1 Like

I was only responding to something that was said earlier.

Fixed it…

1 Like

The word fight kind of fit as well.

Here’s what happened in Italy. I don’t want it happening in my community. Follow all precautions, folks!

Per Dr. Fauci, when this is over the mortality rate for CV19 is expected to be 1%.

That’s TEN times the mortality rate for the flu.

The “number of death” comparison you’re making between annual flu deaths for CV19 and the flu are misleading, due to CV19 infections being so low compared to flu infections.

If we don’t stop the spread, and Coronavirus infects tens or hundreds of millions, the number of deaths will greatly exceed the number of deaths due to the flu.

You do understand the efforts made today impact our tomorrow, yes?

2 Likes

Never would I say we should do nothing. I would never suggest that no more than I would the flu or any other disease. But that 1% cannot be right. That is not what most are saying. In fact, they say that most people under 60 don’t even know they have it. They just feel a little tired and lethargic and are over it without ever knowing that they have anything serious.

Tom Hanks(most notably) and his wife have it. they are in their 60’s and he said they do not feel too bad at all. I haven’t heard anything in a few days but that is what I last heard.

They biggest scare is it’s not widely known about. It’s been around for years. They even had a vaccine for it at one point. We should treat it like any other virus. Keep from coming in contact with many people. Wash our hands OFTEN. Especially before eating. Get plenty of sleep and eat well. Don’t panic.

And STOP buying all of the damn toilet paper!