WTF Guest just called and said all graduations at Lackland AFB canceled because of the corona virus

I have 3 different families coming this week for BMT’s (Basic Military Training Graduations). 2 are booked on AirBnB and 1 on VRBO. Have not heard from the ones on AirBnB yet, only the VRBO guest. We’re trying to contact the base now to verify. This is gonna start to hurt this is almost a $5000 loss of income if true for the week.

It’s true, they took in all those quarantined passengers from the dang ship to stay on the base for 14 days, so no public access.

1 Like

Stick to your cancellation policy if you can.

Good luck

RR

2 are AirBnB they will refund. The one on VRBO I have no clue. Why don’t people have travel insurance I always do.

Maybe, they will ask you say no. keep saying no until they either accept no for an answer or not. Do not cave in.

Good luck

RR

They are going to live stream it and let Airmen off the base, so I plan to agrue this one.

1 Like

Generally speaking something like coronavirus isn’t covered anyway. A few people here and there might fight it but after the travel insurance companies go bankrupt it won’t matter.

Please keep us updated on the outcome

2 Likes

I live in an area with many colleges and depend heavily on the related traffic. I just had my first Airbnb May cancellation since three of the colleges are closing (going online) and cancelling commencement activities. Airbnb asked me to waive my strict cancellation policy and allow a full refund. Technically I may not have to but these are unusual times so I agreed. I am in Massachusetts which has declared a State of Emergency. I expect our business will really dry up this year.

1 Like

Unfortunately, Travel insurance does not cover this situation. It doesn’t cover much, kinda like Airbnb.

I am so sorry. I am in the same boat and losing even more than you :frowning:

This coronavirus has been blown WAY out of proportion. The average age of someone dying from it is 80 years old. Most live in a nursing home, which means they are already weak. And, you are twice as likely to die from the common flu. Sad.

Don’t spout off unsupported BS. The mortality rate for the flu is .1% for CV19 it is anywhere between 2 to 3.4%

2 Likes

No, sorry, it’s not.

Yes, it is.

1 Like

The numbers have changed since then and the flu does not have a 6% mortality rate as stated in the article. Go ahead and bury your head in the sand if you want. That article was using current numbers in the US, had incorrect numbers about the deaths in china.

I am done here

1 Like

Nor is it .1%

I’m glad you’re done.

Currently the mortality rate in Italy is running at around 8%… The challenge at the moment is that too many factors are still unknown. The panic seems disproportionate, but the mortality rate in Italy suggests it is critical to try and reduce the rate of transmission in the population. Tourism all over the world is taking a major hit and the situation will get worse before it gets better, so prepare for reduced income and plan for it as best you can.

1 Like

With spring on the way, I don’t see it getting worse. The only thing that is getting worse is the panic because our media makes money if they scare us.

Also, what is the age of those in Italy?

This is not true.

This is not true.

This is not true.

This is true.

3 Likes