Would you book a place without a dishwasher?

I have a question regarding dishwasher and I hope someone can provide opinions. My listing doesn’t have a dishwasher and so far one guest complained about it (out of 30 groups). Most of my guests stay 4-5 days but there are a few staying between 2 weeks to 5 weeks. I live in Australia and I have to admit almost every house I lived in had a dishwasher.

My question is will you not book a place because there is no dishwasher? Please also specify which country you are in. Thanks a lot for providing opinions!

I am from USA. I wouldn’t give a hoot about a dishwasher.

6 Likes

I am an American. If I were on a short vacation, I wouldn’t mind the lack of a dishwasher. If it were a longer stay I would prefer a listing with a dishwasher.

2 Likes

Freya,

I decided to start a new thread for you since the one you posted on was so old.

To answer your question…I am from USA and wouldn’t use a dishwasher even if it was there. I am in the minority but no way would you not having a dishwasher dissuade me from booking. I think it saves times to just wash by hand, dry, and put away.

5 Likes

I’m in the UK and my wife has a portable dishwasher :unamused: It also drives the car and pay’s the bills.
I would really really like a listing with a dishwasher.

7 Likes

Also in Australia here. I have two dishwashers but this is their last year of school and they will be off to uni next year so i will no longer have dishwashers :slight_smile:

I have no problem with a place not having a dishwasher as I probably wouldn’t know how to use one!

3 Likes

I own a place without a dishwasher!

2 Likes

I couldn’t do without a dishwasher at home. Doing dishes is my least favourite household chore! But on holiday it definitely wouldn’t be a deal breaker, as I’d most likely be eating out a lot anyway

1 Like

No Dishwasher is not an issue with me. From Canada and have never been a fan. I Agree with Cabinhost. I like to wash, dry and put away. Get it done.

3 Likes

@cabinhost you’re not alone. I love to wash the dishes and the feeling of putting everything away. A small gift and feeling of accomplishment every day.

2 Likes

I grew up with a dishwasher, love them. For a few days I’m fine without one. Longer booking, I’d rather have one if possible. On the other hand, I don’t need a clothes washer when travelling. Prefer a laundromat so that I can use several machine and get it all done fast.

1 Like

Is that all it does - what a shame - :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Of course I would.

And if it doesn’t say in your listing your have one, the guest has no reason to complain when they get there and find they need to get the washing up liquid out.

Fairy is an iconic washing up brand over here, that’s been around I think from the 1940’s.

4 Likes

I use Fairy or Finish tablets at home. I love dishwasher myself and I wanted to install one at my listing, the only problem is I need to pay some extra money for cabinet adaption and pipe connection. The pipe thing can be quite expensive. Also, one of the cabinet door can not open fully if I install the dishwasher.

Honestly @Freya I wouldn’t worry about it - unless you are doing long term lets a dishwasher is not a deal breaker.

They are not likely to be cooking vast amounts everyday and day to day washing up takes minutes.

1 Like

In the UK not many people have dishwashers. It wouldn’t bother me - but then again it would only be my husband & I traveling together.

2 Likes

I am from the US. None of the Airbnbs I’ve booked had dishwashers, and it didn’t bother me. When away from home I generally only do light cooking or eat in restaurants, so it’s not a big deal.

My home has a dishwasher. When buying a house, I would prefer a place with a dishwasher or at least the possibility of installing one.

1 Like

Memories

I do not allow kitchen access so not a problem.

3 Likes

Yes, for a shorter stay. Given a choice between a washing machine and a dishwasher, I will pick the dishwasher every time. However, it sounds as though your kitchen really won’t accommodate one easily, losing some cabinet functionality which would be a minus for you overall.

More frustrating are the places I have rented that have a dishwasher, but only have two plates and three glasses! There is no way to fill a dishwasher in a place like this, so in that case, it is a wasted amenity.

4 Likes

My husband loves to wash the dishes so I have one automatically when I book. We stayed over three weeks at an Airbnb w/o a dw with no problem. However, we did miss a washer dryer but the lovely hosts let us use their machine. I would have hated lugging laundry to the laundromat.

3 Likes