Wine glasses help with selection

Jeez, I can just roll out of bed, and within 5mins I’m inhaling the wonderful rich aroma of several hundred boots (barrels) of the finest fortified wine known to man.

If I decide to stretch my legs, the choices are endless. No car required, at least to get there, getting home is different :rofl:

JF

3 Likes

I had no idea that NC was a wine producing region, but then again we rarely see wines from outside Spain on our shelves.

The tiny international selection (in most places) usually comprises of a dozen or so French, some Portuguese, a few south American and the obligatory NZ Sav Blancs.

Given the variety of domestic produce, I prob have neither the years nor the longevity of my liver to venture further than 20kms of our house for experimentation :rofl:

JF

2 Likes

Ah the differences between California, where one must drive everywhere, and Europe, where walking or bicycling is considered first before getting in a car. And, like the Northeastern US, public transport is readily available.

No grapes here, but I have 2 craft breweries and a distillery within a 15 minute walk.

Sorry @JohnF but this year’s 3 yr old small batch single malt sold out. I have tried their Flagship, where they used green alder to dry malt. It was quite nice. The distiller has spent considerable time on Islay over the past 10 years.

FYI, this is priced as same as Bowmore costs at Costco.

Their JuneauPer Gin is made with locally foraged wild botanicals.

Ok, this is hilarious! First, I HAD stemless wine glasses until breakage got the better of me.

I THOUGHT guests would appreciate the acrylic glasses so they wouldn’t have to worry about breaking them. Better rethink that I guess. My regular water cups are acrylic & they stay. There are ceramic tea/coffee cups, though.

The funny…I have 3 or 4 of the stainless steel wine “glasses” with the sippy lid. I got them as a gift and HATE them. Why? Because they don’t fit my car cup holders (butt is to big, obviously!) so I put them out in the garage for my next Goodwill run :joy:. I didn’t know they were wine glasses!!! :flushed:

That makes total sense now. They’ll be going to the rental next run :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

This is what I do. If I purchase a kitchen item like a stainless steel coffee cup that I use for a while & really don’t like—off to the rental it goes!

1 Like

Sad funny story. Friend & her family went to Ireland. Went to distillery owned by distant cousin so had their last name. Small batch so expensive. Awful event — all family passports stolen while on way to airport. Airline worked with them. Helped find taxi driver who “accidentally” drove off with everything. They pooled cash for driver to bring bag back—Luggage checked for flight. Realized in security line the bottle of expensive whiskey (I guess) couldn’t be carried on. Whole family (adult children) taking a shot & passing bottle. Too expensive to throw entire bottle in trash. Most fun in security line EVER!!!

2 Likes

I have one along the same lines.

Ex and I and my kids on our way back north after a road trip to Mexico about 35 years ago. Driving up the Mexican west coast, stopped at a beach to make some lunch. We could see whales spouting, so my ex goes to get his binoculars out of the camper cupboard, which we hadn’t had occasion to use the whole trip.

He unzips the binocular case and finds a little folded up paper packet inside, says wtf is this? Unfolds it to find some magic mushrooms he must have stashed there years before.

We had crossed two borders from Canada driving down, carrying drugs we weren’t even aware of, and were an hour from crossing the border back into the US, so we just had to eat them.

6 Likes

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee………….

1 Like

They weren’t all that potent anymore after several years in the binocular case, but we did get somewhat of a buzz.

That’s me gurl :wink: I knew there was some Scottish in you, waste not, want not as we say.

JF

4 Likes