Why people don’t follow your home rules?

Extending those values onto others is definitely going to be a hindrance to operating a hotel-like business. Not being judgmental, just being objective.

Standing up for your values is very respectable even if it’s not the best business decision. Hopefully, you can find a solution that allows you to rent your space and adhere to your values.

1 Like

Thank you very much for enlightening me ! I already adjusted all our listings :blush:.

In the description of the “Surveillance or recording devices in property” I put “Cameras recording images of all entrances to the apartment.” I hope that does the job :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:.

Thanks !

4 Likes

This can also help with the rare case of the guest who tries to entertain a visitor while your MIL is away. Those who are planning to break a rule when they book your place may decide to choose a listing with no camera.

1 Like

This remains one of the biggest challenges. Start by keeping your rules simple and make sure nothing is left open for interpretation (in other words, be very explicit).

Where are you? twenty

Casual sex? Bring it on!

1 Like

I post the house rules in a framed notice on the wall in each room that also has the Wi-Fi password, so they have to see the rules to get WiFi.

I state that breaking the house rules like smoking will result in the loss of their damage deposit and immediate eviction.