Which Type of Mattress? Help Please!

Loving the advice here. Another suggestion is to try to buy same size mattresses. Makes change outs easier.

1 Like

We have a Nectar at home and love it so much that we will be putting two in the NC house. They have a 365 day return policy, longer than anywhere else I found, and we have had ours for over a year and a half and it has been great. I have slept on other foam mattresses and never liked them bc they were hot but Nectar seems to have solved that problem.

1 Like

My airbnb room is empty for 4 nights starting last night and I slept in there. The Nest Bedding mattress is comfortable and clearly less hot than my Tuft and Needle (that also has a foam topper because itā€™s too firm for my taste without it.) So I am going to give in and get a new mattress for myself soon and although I love the Nest Bedding, Nectar is about half the price and has the longer trial period.

1 Like

Yay! Whichever you decide, I hope you love it! I was very very skeptical of foam mattresses after staying at my parents with their Tempurpedic. We ended up sleeping on the floor! But we tried Nectar and love it. We didnā€™t expect to. But even in Ohio (our home base), with high humidity and a 100yr old house with cruddy AC, we have been comfy and ended up keeping the Nectar.

Good luck!

1 Like

So my new Nectar has been on my bed 3 nights. I havenā€™t made up my mind how I feel about it. Iā€™ve had a lot of dogs here for the holiday and havenā€™t been sleeping well in any case. Compared to the Nest Bedding it has a different feel. Much more foam like. It reminds me of that clay like foam that Iā€™ve seen flower arrangements in. It seems very dense and conforms to your body for a couple of inches. So itā€™s supportive and firm, but not hard. The NB feels more like a traditional mattress even though itā€™s not a hybrid.

I have a newish Nest Bedding in the Airbnb room and now this Nectar. I may try switching them out later in the month and see how that goes. If I prefer the Nest Bedding and the guests still like the Nectar Iā€™ll leave them. Or Iā€™ll return the Nectar and try a different one, not even NB. Or Iā€™ll move the NB full size thatā€™s in the garage into my room and have a huge dog/human sleeping area. LOL. I gave the Tuft and Needle away. It was too hard for me so I had a foam topper on it. I donā€™t know if it was the T&N or the foam but that bed was definitely too hot for me, even in winter.

In General:

Latex (natural) more expensive, best option, mid-firm.

Foam - quicksend for sex, hot sleep, but somewhat orthopedic

Springs - good for sex, somewhat supportive, cheapest option

Casper - and other marketing bloated air-mattress, hit and miss with guests

Iā€™m not sure what brands you are broad brushing here with the Casper but for the record at least 300+ guests have loved my Nest Bedding mattress, to the extent of comment on it in reviews or asking me what kind it is. Iā€™ve also slept on one myself and liked it.

Thatā€™s what all of them say.

Thatā€™s true which is why reading posts here from real people, at least the ones of us who are real, is valuable.

I was like that with ours for a week or so. It was different than the spring/coil I was used to. It felt better for my back and rebuilt shoulder but I wasnā€™t sure ā€¦ Then I realized that my husband wasnā€™t snoring anymore, and I was sold! Lol!

I donā€™t have a human snorer here but I did have a dog on the bed who seemed to snore less on the Nectar than on the dog bed. Hmmm. I will definitely give it more time before I decide.

1 Like

Bella snores the least of all of usā€¦
#1 me
#2 him
#3 her not all

2 Likes

Zinus Memory Foam 8 Inch Green Tea Mattress, Full https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q7EUZLC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tSumCbVTKG1ET

Iā€™ve gotten a lot of great reviews on this one.

1 Like

As an Airbnb host and guest, the mattress can make or break the visit. Recently, my husband and I became mattress resellers for the big ā€œbed in a boxā€ mattress companies, like Purple, Lull, Helix, etc. This is the BEST way to offer a premium mattress to your guests without spending a ton. We resell all of these brands at 50% off retail and they are all in ā€œlike newā€ condition and less than 100 days old.
We service SW Florida, but resellers like us are all over the US and advertise these mattresses in FB groups and on Craigslist.

We have 7 beds and got a combo of memory foam and regular mattresses (very inexpensive from Menards) and have had no complaints. Several people have commented how much they like the memory foam ones and a few people even had to know what kind and where we got them because they loved them so much. They are Zinus brand green tea memory foams from eBay or amazon - they were quite inexpensive and I would probably have gotten them for all the beds if I were to do it over again.

2 Likes

I have Zinus as well. Guests rave about it.

How does this work? You offer guests to sell them their mattress? You sell the mattresses to outside people? How much do you pay for them if you sell them for half of retail after a few months or less? Are there any minimum sales volume requirements to become such a reseller?

Basically, we do the pick ups when people decide to return their mattress within the 100 day return period. We get paid when we sell them. We do not pay for them upfront, we simply pick them up from the customer. If you are interested in becoming a reseller, I can check to see if they need any in your area. Just let me know where you are located.
I use these mattresses in my Airbnb rental and have had so many guests comment on what a great night sleep they had. I would like to make other Airbnb hosts in my area aware that these are available, but am not sure of the best way.

1 Like

This is interesting. Iā€™ve wondered what happens to all these returned mattresses. I and my guests have loved the Nest Bedding mattress. We didnā€™t love the Tuft and Needle. And I bought a Nectar recently. I wasnā€™t liking it but I called Nectar and they sent a 2 inch foam topper and that seems to have done the trick. If Iā€™m not hot once it gets to be summer here Iā€™ll keep it. They have a 365 day return period. You may not be able to answer but Iā€™ll ask anyway: is there a mattress that is clearly ahead of the other or one thatā€™s clearly being returned more than the others? And what happens to all the mattresses no one buys? Into the landfill over time?

1 Like

Yes, please and thank you! Vass and Sanford, NC and Highland Falls, NY